Pirate 4x4 banner

Dana60 and 9"... will they fit?

747 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  High5 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

a mate of mine is selling his comp axels... I have a 97 TJ

Rear is a Full float 35 spline high clearance reverse Dana60 (high pinion), detroit, 4.10's, disk brakes, full set of spare axels... this is a currie axel

Front is a 9", high clearance, reverse cut (high poinion) with Dana60 knuckles/outers/unis, disk brakes, full spares... also a currie axel

Both are 60" wide.

Problem: front axel is a right hand drop, and I need a left hand drop for my TJ. Can I just have it re-tubed to reverse the drop, use the same axels? How much $$?

Asking US$6k for the lot.

I live in Australia, so freight will be brutal... so I have to get this right the first time. All the brackets I will be putting on myself on this end, as they will mostly be custom.

#2 ·
i would put them in as is and then swap to a d300 t case. it should bolt right in and youl have less of a rear d shaft problem

#3 ·
Yep. D-300 would be a bolt in, if you have an AX-15 or NV3500.

Retubing the Ford 9" is not really a valid option. Would be costly. to do.

#4 ·
I would have to re-route my exhaust to the other side - no biggie.

haven't looked at the clearances on the right for the driveshaft... the starter is over there, but can't remember how high it is.

How about an Atlas? He also has an Atlas for this driveline that I could score... not sure how it would mate with the AX-15 though??

#5 ·
FireTruck said:
I would have to re-route my exhaust to the other side - no biggie.

haven't looked at the clearances on the right for the driveshaft... the starter is over there, but can't remember how high it is.

How about an Atlas? He also has an Atlas for this driveline that I could score... not sure how it would mate with the AX-15 though??
it'll mate. depending on what he had it behind before you may have to swap the input shaft on it though. it's no biggie. the atlas would be better than the d300.

#6 ·
Its all a matter of personal choice. DANA 300, Atlas II, or the DOUBLER. Check out crawl ratios, prices and availability. Re-routing exhaust or going with the micro-sized, gear reduction starter would be nothing compared to the goodies your mate has waiting for you!! Good Luck and don't forget to post the pics!! :beer:

#7 ·
The Atlas is a right hand drop, 35 spline input that is currently hooked up to a sm465 trans (with adapter). It is a 3.8 Atlas.

Hooking it up to my AX-15

How much to swap the input shaft if that needs to happen? Anything else required (adapters and stuff)?

Atlas for $1500 seems like a good deal, but if I need $700 worth of adapters and crap then I would just get a new unit.

#8 ·
FireTruck said:
The Atlas is a right hand drop, 35 spline input that is currently hooked up to a sm465 trans (with adapter). It is a 3.8 Atlas.

Hooking it up to my AX-15

How much to swap the input shaft if that needs to happen? Anything else required (adapters and stuff)?

Atlas for $1500 seems like a good deal, but if I need $700 worth of adapters and crap then I would just get a new unit.
all you need is the input shaft for the atlas that matches your tranny. call advance adapters for the price

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.