Pirate 4x4 banner

throttle cable/kickdown: pics?

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  RockReadyXJ 
#1 ·
Anyone have any pics of the throttle cable/kickdown linkage mounted on a 4.2l after an auto tranny swap? Hopefully some using the Lokar kickdown cable kit for a tf727.

Thanks.

#2 ·
I don't have pics of mine, but I might be able to get some soon. I did this swap, and you are going to have to scour junkyards for the kickdown if you want to use a factory one. Its not a cable, its a rod. There's a BIG difference. If you still have the carb, you need the rod, but if youve swapped in MPFI, you will need the cable. They started using the cable in 91 with FI. The rod is connected below the carb on pre 91 yj's.
Scott

#3 ·
i used the lokar kit for the 727 on my YJ with the 258 and 999. The kickdown rod setup pushes the lever on the tranny towards the back of the jeep instead of to the front like normal so you have to rig up some brackets that will make the cable pull backwards to the rear instead of to the front. and then on the carb side you need a bracket that will let the cable be pulled as the throttle is pressed, you need the kickdown lever on the tranny to be at its furthest out position when the carb is and all the way baack when there is no gas. got a :beer: buzz going so i'll reread this thread later to see if i made sense.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.