Pirate 4x4 banner

Eaton steel wheels

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Rat Patrol 
#1 ·
Anybody have some input on these wheels. I am looking for some good steel wheels 15 x 8, 5 on 5.5 w/ around 3 in. BS. I called Natl wheel and they said they only make them with 3.5" BS min. Do I get the eatons and live with the BS or does anyone have any other suggestions?
Thanks for any info.

-Jeremy

#3 ·
I called Nat'l tire and they dont make them with less than 3.5 BS now, bceause any less causes them to have to reverse the rim, and they said this makes it weaker, so they dont do it any more. I am debating between the Eatons with 3.5 BS and some Allied wheels with 3.25 BS. Any thoughts or comparisons on which might be stronger. I plan to beadlock these eventually with some rockstomper locks. I am currently running 15 x 10 with 3.75 BS. The closer to 3" of BS the better, but I doubt that .25 inches here or there is going to make much of a difference either way, just looking for the best wheel to hold up to the abuse. Anyone got anything good or bad to say about these wheels?
Thanks,

-Jeremy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.