Pirate 4x4 banner

Help with frame ID

819 views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  we4jeepn 
#1 ·
I have a date with the local highway patrol to verify the vin to finally get my jeep registered in CA. My question is on a 72 CJ5 where is the vin stamped on the frame and what #'s make up this stamping. I think it is supposed to be on the passenger side frame rail, on top, right behind the radiator if looking in from over top of the radiator. The metal tag is riveted under the bulkhead connector on the drivers, but the DMV inspector couldn't find the EPA sticker so now I have to see THE MAN. I was looking at a 81 CJ7 and the frame stamp is on the rear passenger frame hump and it used the fisrt 3 or 4 characters of the vin as well as the serial#. Thanks for the help.

#12 ·
This CJ...um ...5 is roadworthy. I have just gotten the Brake and light inspection done. I have it almost registered, it just so happens that this vin was in the past listed as junk. You can, and I am un-junking this vin. Since the inspector at the DMV couldn't find the EPA sticker. I am just trying to avoid any surprises in front of the highway patrol. Thanks

#17 ·
I had my 79 CJ-7 inspected by the Ohio Highway Patrol about
12 years ago when I put a glass body on. You will need ALL of your receipts for EVERYTHING on it. My frame was stamped on the right rear of the frame. They checked everything to make sure nothing was stolen then treated it as a kit car. They gave me a slip of paper and off to the title place I went. Here the dumd ass srated to figure up all the tax that I paid for the Jeep( I have had it since it was new) and all of the parts I had put on it. Well I was getting ready to kick the shit out of him when a lady came over and told the jerk that all he had to do was give me a NEW title. If you find people that know what they are doing it will be OK, but in my case the officer that does the kit cars and stuff was off that day. Good luck you are going to need it.:mad3: :nuke: :beer: :beer:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.