Pirate 4x4 banner

Custom made Cherokee Rear Bumper-Pic

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  ehsankiani 
#1 ·
Here's a picture of the custom made rear bumper/Saper tire carrier on my 79 Cherokee..

The tubing was bent to the exact shape.. The body where the thing pivots is re-enforced on the inside with a thick steel plate welded there.. The lower pivot is welded to the frame by another metal peice.. The portion where the tire comes is from Land Cruiser and so is the locking system..Comments?
I am sorry ppl.. I dont have more pics.. I will take a few more and post them sooon..

See less See more
#5 · (Edited)
EHSANKIANI ... how well does it clear the tailgate? I have a '76 Chero 2 dr. that I am going to be building custom bumpers for and I like your idea here. What size tire is that on the mount? Would a second type of swing away fit on the right side?!? I am kinda thinking of having one on each side that swings clear of the tailgate and could be locked together at the middle below the 'gate. Personally, I would move them both out closer to the outer edge of the side body panels, but that is because my custom bumpers will contain my tail lights and I will be filling in the current ones.

:beer: it looks good as it sits though.

#7 ·
tigger4x said:
EHSANKIANI ... how well does it clear the tailgate? I have a '76 Chero 2 dr. that I am going to be building custom bumpers for and I like your idea here. What size tire is that on the mount? Would a second type of swing away fit on the right side?!? I am kinda thinking of having one on each side that swings clear of the tailgate and could be locked together at the middle below the 'gate. Personally, I would move them both out closer to the outer edge of the side body panels, but that is because my custom bumpers will contain my tail lights and I will be filling in the current ones.

:beer: it looks good as it sits though.
It clears the tailgate pretty well.. If you notice.. the hinges on the left are quite far from the tailgate's edge.. The tire is 31".. second type would fit on the other side with the same mechanism . I will take a few pictures of the carrier opened and if possible.. with the left bumper removed.. That will take a day though..

#8 ·
attachcurrie said:
WTF! This guy has a chrome bumper and he asks how you like it and he gets nothing but compliments!??!?!
:confused:What are you whining about?!? And would you please stop. You are making my dog howl in pain! :flipoff2: :laughing:

He posted the pic of a custom fabbed SWING AWAY TIRE CARRIER that attaches to his rig NOT the bumper(if I am seeing the pics clearly). Even if it does attach to the bumper, SO F'n what!

See the "you might be a *******" post I put up earlier ... :D :flipoff2: ;)

EHSANKIANI ... you don't have to put a rush on it, but when you get the time to post it in detail with pics and a write-up that would be awesome. Have a cyber-:beer: on me my friend!

#9 ·
attachcurrie said:
WTF! This guy has a chrome bumper and he asks how you like it and he gets nothing but compliments!??!?!
:D I think I used the wrong topic..It sould have been.. CUSTOM MADE REAR SPARE TIRE CARRIER.. :D
Look closely at the bumper.. Do you see the chrome coming off??:flipoff2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.