Pirate 4x4 banner

2.5 to 4.0 swap, computer trouble

840 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Sundowner 
#1 ·
Currently in the process of swapping a 4.0 into my heap to replace my 2.5. Little background info is in order, so here goes. I currently have a 97 2.5L, no PS/AC. The donor vehicle is a 96 cherokee, with PS/AC. I have all the parts necessary to do the swap, except the computer. I have the following: new x-fer case input shaft, ax-15, 4.0 I6, motor mounts, 3-core rad, and wiring harness. I still need to pick up a PS box and computer. My questions is which year(s) would be a good donor computer (engine compartment to underdash). Am I stuck just looking for a 97 4.0 computer, or can I extend my search to include other years.

Thanks,
Peran

P.S. No emmision laws here, so don't have to worry bout that same year or greater deal.

#2 ·
Crap dude I don't know what to tell you, but I know the 2.5Ls are different 1997, 1998 and 1999 and are not compatable with federal vs california emissions. so you must get year and emissons right or you may be swapping sensors/harnesses to get the right combo.

You might want to try a 1996 and a 1997 most likely federal emissons one might work but alot of changes happened to Jeeps in that timeframe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.