Pirate 4x4 banner

2 Low Conversion in NP231

4K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  Monkeyboy 
#1 ·
Has anyone made their own 2 low conversion, without the use of Tera's or whoevers 2 dollar conversion kit? It seems like you could just pull out your shifter detent and use the dremel with cut wheel to make your own 2 low pattern. If someone has purchased one of these kits and could describe what goes into this conversion, and trace the new shifter detent on a piece of paper, I would be willing to be a guinnie pig.

#5 ·
That's right monkeyboy!!! The item on the left, I believe is what they call the shift mode fork or it is the shift range fork, there is one of each in the case, I can't tell from the schematic in 4wd hardware's catalog. The other with the saw teeth is the shift selector. These parts range from 50-100 bucks. I wonder what mods have been done to that fork assembly. I got a welder and an awesome set of tools!!!!!!!

#6 ·
Where are you finding these pics. That new selector has more meat on it, than the factory one, this maybe more difficult than expected. You could add some metal, but it may be scabby. The only torque going through those parts is how hard you pull the shift lever.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.