Pirate 4x4 banner

Full-Traction Bolt on SOA

2K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  odbofaz 
#1 ·
Anybody seen or knows if the Full-Traction SOA is good or crap. Still trying to decide what to do with my CJ. In the mags it looks good, I haven't seen a write up about yet.
STRENGTH THRU SUPERIOR FIREPOWER - SEMPER FI :usa:

#7 ·
If you are using stock axles I think it's a great idea. The engineerings done and all you do is bolt it on. I have seen it in person it looks fine. I own a FWD shop and I see way more poorly done SOA's than well done ones. If you have the capabilities to do your own perfect SOA then this kits not for you. If you don't then WTF do it. If you are swapping out axles you are wasting your $ on any bolt on kit.

#8 ·
The kit is not as a good as say RE's spring over or other properly done homade setups, but these all require welding. If welding is not an option then the bolt on would be a good idea if you are going to do the labor yourself and using your stock axles... But you would be better to find someone to weld on some perches as the price of the bolt on kit is major bucks for an inferior design.

#9 ·
I appreciate the feedback. I will not be swapping axles yet. I have 30 upfront with trutrach and 20 rear with 1 piece and detroit. I don't have the bucks yet for axle swap. I just need a better lift and better ride. Fawking thing rides like a tank. Anybody have a good idea for springs for front and rear.
Mike

#11 ·
I would recommend doing a spring over with YJ springs. The CJ springs are causing your Jeep to ride like crap. You will get more flex out of the wider, longer, flatter springs from a YJ. In the front you may have to use the rear springs off your CJ to get it to sit right. They are the same width as the YJ's. Also, if you have access to a welder and are capable (as mentioned before) do it yourself, otherwise pay for someone else to do it or get the kit. :rasta:

#12 ·
SteveN

you said you've seen a lot of bad SOA's. What does the Full Traction kit offer that a welder and angle finder doesnt? It doesnt look like the kit addresses steering or wrap. Its a good starting place, but it'll take some fab work to finish it up and thats something a bolt on kit won't be able to tackle

#14 ·
All that kit is gonna do, is give you a complicated system of brackets to mount your leaf springs. That is about $50 in parts, and the easiest part of an SOA. You will still have issues such as wrap and steering to address, and if welding on 4 spring pads,is to tough for ya, then your gonna be completely outa luck after the check has cleared. You'll have is a bunch of expensive brackets, a lifted Jeep, an axle wrap problem and piss poor steering geometry. You could get to that same point for $50, and half of a Saturday, with a grinder and welder.

#15 ·
Another thing that the kit doesn’t address is using a CV rear drive shaft. Since its mounts are parallel to the SUA mounts you cant really rotate the perches correctly to use a CV driveshaft. It is a rip off to me to pay that much money instead of $50 worth of spring perches.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.