Pirate 4x4 banner

2.5L Tech Question, I need your help.

1K views 22 replies 8 participants last post by  WideJ 
#1 ·
Alright, I've tried to troubleshoot this problem for a while, but its time to come and get some help.

I have a 94 Wrangler with the 2.5L. I was driving it on the road when it just shut off. The check engine light came on (duh) and the Fuel System ECU fuse is blown. The starter cranks everything over fine and I discovered that I am getting plenty of fuel to the fuel rail and I did a spark test and almost killed my friend. So I'm getting plenty of spark. So my thoughts are the fuel injectors are not doing their job, when I crank the starter, the engine doesn't even sputter, theres no fuel getting into the cylinders. Have any of you guys had a similar problem? Maybe one of you actually knows your way around the fuel infection system. Thanks for the help. Whoever figures this one out gets a six pack on me!
:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

#5 · (Edited)
JEEP_TJ_FREAK said:

That would be too fawking funny.

Do you have a FSM? It goes in detail how to trouble shoot the PCM and ECM for failures.
No i dont have a FSM i have the Haynes Jeep manual (as well as other vehicles)and the Haynes Computer code manual they all tell you how to get the codes and also how to test the sensors..

Forgot to add that all you need to pull the codes is the IGNITION KEY

#8 · (Edited)
I was on the street when it happened, and fawk you "did you replace the fuse" guy, thats the first thing I tried. Umm, I know I have spark and I know theres fuel going to the fuel rail, so I'm thinking its a computer problem. In the Haynes manual it gives a sequence of stuff to do to get the chech engine light to flash, but I can't get that to work. Is there any way to "test" the computer?

Oh yeah, Supergper, thats a good idea with the starting fluid, I'll have to try that, I'll let you know what happens.

#9 ·
On the top of the bellhousing sits the Crankshaft position sensor. It is held on with 2 bolts. After some time, the plastic casing cracks and the CPS becomes misaligned. As you have stated, you have fuel & spark. The spark is just not at the right moment. Try reaching up from under the drivers side and feeling whether or not the cps is loose or not.

Shaun

#11 ·
Have you tried resetting the ECU by removing the battery cable for 5 minutes? Of course you would replace the fuse for the fuel circuit. Also, are you replacing the fuse for the ECU circuit? Because that would only be for the injectors, controlling there pulse. I am pretty sure that the fuse relay or fuse is for the fuel pump circuit not ecu circuit. If this is the case, then, you might have a problem with your fuel regulator somewhere on your fuel rail. It might not be sending back the fuel to the tank and allowing your pump to work to hard therefore blowing a fuse. JMHO

Shaun

#12 ·
How would I be able to determine if there is a problem with my fuel regulator? Where is the fuel regulator located? Do you think it would be worth trying to start it up after having the battery disconnected for 5 min? I'm seeing the $$$ rack up in fuses alone.

#13 ·
WideJ said:
I was on the street when it happened, and fawk you "did you replace the fuse" guy, thats the first thing I tried.

well FAWK YOU TOO:flipoff: :flipoff: I hope you never get it running till you take it to a mechanic and I hope it cost you a couple thousand dollars with that fawken attitude..

#16 ·
Ok, I got mine back from the shop and they said that the catalyic is blown. I suggest you check that, because the honeycomb in mine was pulverized into a ball that wedged into the pipe, and blocked the exhaust flow. P.S. if anyone knows where I can buy a catalytic converter that has the O2 sensor plug in (has to pass emissions), please tell me!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.