Pirate 4x4 banner

leaf spring angle?

951 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Keith Strong 
#1 ·
Ok, I am SOA with 2" aal and a shackle reversal. I am still tweaking the on road driveability. I am also running with 2" longer shackles. When you look from the side at the leafs, as to how parallel they are with the body, the definately are higher in the front than the back. (we are still talking about the front leafs only) Now I could move my taller shackle into the frame, therefore helping this angle. Should this angle be of concern to me though? In other words, would it help to get the leafs more parallel again? The reason I ask, I am hopeing to get the best response from the jeep when hitting bumps on the city roads. TIA

Shaun

#2 · (Edited)
ditch the extended shackles...SOA with 2" leafs is PLEANTY....lift shackles will only screw you. just get some stock shackles and that should alleviate some of the problems. what steering mods did you do to correct the bumb steer? also, I believe the shackle reversal gives you like another 1" of lift. so your ridin on like 9" of suspension lift...your pushin it WITHOUT the lift shackles. also your sig says your runnin on 35's??!! you could run 40's with that amount of lift!

#3 ·
Gee nodnarb...you must think I am nutz then, cause I run SOA on 4 inch springs with long shackles and custom rear buggy hangers. :rolleyes:

4004ever, I would say you just need to figure out your caster, either shim it or rotate the knuckles and you should be fine.....just my opinon ;)

#5 ·
Well, it isnt exactly "running" anywhere right now :rolleyes: But it sure looks cool with its estimated 11-12 inches of lift. :flipoff2: Course I should be running 47's according to playwithmyknob, but since I can flex past the fenders with 38's I think I am cool :p

Fawkin newbies are pouring in mouthin off like snow runoff around here. :flipoff2:

#6 ·
wow, thanks guys for all the input! Actually I think I will cut my perches off again to help correct caster. First the SOA and I weld the perches. Then 2" lift springs - I cut the perches and re-weld to correct angle. Then shackle reverssal -ditto. Now longer shackles - AHHHHHHH!

As for steering alignment? whats that? I thought you are supposed to wonder all over the road!:D :D :D

Shaun

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.