Pirate 4x4 banner

Need info on CJ-2A

948 views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Greg C 
#1 · (Edited)
Alright, I have a chance to get a CJ-2A Overland for free. The body is in good condition and it was running 2 years ago. Its been sitting up for that long. All I know for right now is that it has the flat 4 in it and I was just wondering if anyone here knows what else could be in it. Also would like to know what the year could be.

The serial number on it is 139868 if that helps. Also are there any websites I could check out to find info on it.

Thanks

#4 ·
By the serial # it looks to be a 1947 CJ2A. T90 trans, D18 T-case,
D41 rear, D25 front.

#7 ·
TrevorXJ said:
thanks for all the info. Just wondering how well they do stock on trails. If I do end up getting, I will definitly need some building help on it.

thanks again
They do great in stock trim. You can fit some 30 or 31" mud tires on there in stock trim and have a blast. The short wheelbase helps you go some places that guys with bigger tires can't.

#10 ·
I once got a free flatty, very bad 3 piece body, had a great time rebuilding everything and putting it together, as for trails a stock flatty will rule in the real tight stuff, there is a well known local trail obsticle call the flatfender squeeze few others get through, there are some real tight trails in the east cascades, get it and have fun, If you don't want to replace the axles, put in a pinto motor, get truck gears into the t90, and 32 AT's. It will do pretty good everywhere but the mud
Good luck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.