Pirate 4x4 banner

Help & Ideas

888 views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  Po' riggity 
#1 ·
My jeep is running great other than every once in awhile it just dies and it wont start. It turns over tho. I think there is some electrical problem, the last time it did this I replaced the coil and that seemed to fix it right then but then it started doing it again so now I think it is the power wires for the radio are shorting out the electrical system somehow..

Any ideas?

Pete

#4 ·
fatpipepete said:
My jeep is running great other than every once in awhile it just dies and it wont start. It turns over tho. I think there is some electrical problem, the last time it did this I replaced the coil and that seemed to fix it right then but then it started doing it again so now I think it is the power wires for the radio are shorting out the electrical system somehow..

Any ideas?

Pete

Yep I know exactly what is wrong....................you're on the wrong board! Here is where you should ask questions like this www.jeepsunlimited.com

This is a sort of a valid question but come AWN.... we need details.

And if this problem happened before and you changed the coil and now it is doing it again and you think its the radio?? :confused: WTF? Probably neither!!!!!

#5 ·
Without any further info...if it cranks, but does not start, then it is spark or fire. Either the plugs are not firing right or they are not getting gas. Haven't been using diesel have you?:flipoff2:

#8 ·
fatpipepete said:
My jeep is running great other than every once in awhile it just dies and it wont start. It turns over tho. I think there is some electrical problem
Pete
probably a shortcut somewhere. no burnt fuse?
no loose wires around?

do'nt get upset - you should have been if they did'nt
get down on you. it's their warm welcome....:D:D

#9 ·
Flame

Thanks for flaming me guys...! Lots of expert help from the masses out there! I spend my days in computers and networking and own and operate several public and privately held companies making it difficult to do much mechanical work myself... Usually pay someone else to fix it, but thats neither here nor there.

Figured out that it was the MSD Ignition not giving any spark, it is shorting out every once in awhile for some wierd reason...

Have a nice day!

Pete

#11 ·
Re: Flame

fatpipepete said:
Thanks for flaming me guys...! Lots of expert help from the masses out there! I spend my days in computers and networking and own and operate several public and privately held companies making it difficult to do much mechanical work myself... Usually pay someone else to fix it, but thats neither here nor there.

Figured out that it was the MSD Ignition not giving any spark, it is shorting out every once in awhile for some wierd reason...

Have a nice day!

Pete
B.S. What companies do you run? The town dairy queen?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.