Pirate 4x4 banner

what is a cheap place to have an axle built

1K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  bigdude 
#1 ·
What is a cheap place to get custom axles built?

#3 ·
If you don't mind running a 9" then pick up a copy of Circle track. You can get new 9" full floter rear with axles for $850. Add gears, locker, brakes, and a truss and go for it.

#4 ·
Well it isn’t cheap, but Sunray Engineering had some of the better prices around when I had mine built and they do quality work.

If your going to have someone build it for you make sure they are experienced with TJ axle brackets or you'll end up with something that doesn’t fit worth sh*t.

#5 ·
The thing about cheap is that you will always get what you pay for. Some times/ often times less.
There is usually a small differnce from getting it done right the first time.
Save up a little longer and do it right the first time.

#9 ·
RSQJEEP said:
Check with DC's 4wd Parts Center. DC is an awesome guy with even better prices!

donaldii@bellatlantic.net is his e-mail address. Let him know what axle and how much you want completed, whether it is just diff and tubes or complete assembly. He works with some biggger axle building companies and has smaller shops that do custom axle work as well.
Does he have a website? Where is he located? What is his phone #?

#11 ·
Differential Engineering in Winter Haven, FL

You can find the listing using anywho.com and doing a business search.

He does everything Dynatrac can do (including all his own resplining and such) and is also cheaper than Dyna-rape

I have a YJ and got my HP60 front from him.

For a TJ he gave me a roundabout figure of ~$8500 for a set of 35 spline HP60's, cut to desired width, brackets, gears, and lockers (price dependant on ARB detroit.

#12 ·
A 4 liter V8 eater said:

Does he have a website? Where is he located? What is his phone #?
He's working on building his website now. His office phone# is: (540) 890-3335 and mobile is: (540) 819-0064. He is in Vinton, VA.

He can probably get you an axle for half of what BigDude paid. Tell him Holly ;) sent you. He is the :nuke: !

#13 ·
He can probably get you an axle for half of what BigDude paid
WTF does that mean dumbass:confused:

I paid $1000 for a HP60 front with rebuilt king-pins, spindles, and hubs.

Tell me that guy will sell a HP60 front for a YJ with with the above work performed for $500. I call bullshit on that.

I have a YJ and got my HP60 front from him
Way to talk out of your ass rsqjeep

#14 ·
garage i say garge

i built a pair of 44's for my tj, im working on a 14b/60 combo for it right now.

#15 ·
How am I talking out of my ass if you said you were quoted "For a TJ he gave me a roundabout figure of ~$8500 for a set of 35 spline HP60's, cut to desired width, brackets, gears, and lockers (price dependant on ARB detroit."

That sounds expensive to me. Where did this come from "I paid $1000 for a HP60 front with rebuilt king-pins, spindles, and hubs."

You said originally $8500. Then you changed it to $1000. $1000 sounds great. Give the guy a call. Put down the steriods and read your post before you send it. :flipoff2:

#16 ·
Once again you're talking out of your ass rsqjeep

In my original post (go read it) I stated that I got a HP60 for my YJ from him

I have a YJ and got my HP60 front from him
Then I stated a quote he gave me for a TJ.

If you did your research you'd know from previous posts that "A 4 liter V8 eater" has a TJ. Thus I told him a roundabout TJ quote so he would have something to work with (if he was asking for himself).

Also call someone who builds axles and ask them for a quote. Tell them you want HP60's front and rear, set up with TJ brackets, gears setup w/ detroits F&R, cut down (which means custom axle shafts), new brakes, plus all new bearings and king-pins. They would be ready to bolt into any TJ. That is a lot of work and I'm guessing $8000-$8500 is pretty fair for a bolt in set of HP 60's.

#17 ·
Oh yeah

My original "you are talking out of your ass" statement came because you said this

He can probably get you an axle for half of what BigDude paid
When did I ever say I paid for a set of $8500 TJ axles when I have a YJ. I said it was a quote I got, which I actually got for someone else. That is why I said

For a TJ he gave me a roundabout figure
On top of that I never said how much I paid for the HP60 that I actually bought.

So yes by you saying "He can probably get you an axle for half of what BigDude paid" you were talking out of your ass

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.