Pirate 4x4 banner

Windshield frame for Willys????

1K views 23 replies 8 participants last post by  jeepgirl 
#1 ·
So its a friends b-day and Im trying to find the ultimate gift. If you guys could help out I would appreciate it. Im looking for a windsheild frame for a 48 Willys. It one of those pipe ones that have the split window. If you know any web sites or friends who have one please let me know! Thanx Guys!! -Tera

#6 ·
Should be a CJ2A windshield frame by your description. A few places to try would be:
Willys Jeep Parts in Yuma Az. 1-800-494-5597, at www.willysjeepparts.com
Krage Motorsports Home of Jeep Doc, Savannah, TN.
731-926-1004 http://www.jeepdoc.com/default.asp
Kaiser-Willys Auto Supply,
Aiken, SC, 803-648-4923
http://www.kaiserwillys.com
WALCKS 4WD
Bowmanstown, Pa PH.. (610)-852-3110
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Shop/1658
Walks doesn't have the best website, but I have bought from them. Good to deal with but as you are West Coast shipping may hurt.
If your boyfriend is into Old Jeeps, this links page for parts vendors from the CJ3B page would be worth holding on to as a link or favorite. http://www.film.queensu.ca/CJ3B/PartsLinks.html
Hope this is some help. Andy

#8 ·
Oh and Andy......not that it really matter but its not for a boyfriend.
:) My appologies, I reread the original post, should have done that first time.
Hope your friend enjoys the frame you buy.
I think that is a helluva gift. I'd be grinning just too big if it was me. Andy

#10 ·
Re: Yo Andy

Willysboy2001 said:
Sounds like you have quite the line on Willys stuff. Do you own one? I have been to all them pages also. You definetly put her on the right track.

W.B
Yeah, Ive got 2 now in various stages of disrepair and trying to swap for another. Have one project that keeps on growing. Small block chevy, Sm420, Dana300, Matkins frme. Started with Dana 30 front, and 44 rear from a 73 cj5, now that I've lurked here for the past couple of years, I think it will at least be a Scout rear 44, and narrow a Gm 44 front to match the scout, but there is a 14 bolt I've owned for a while, and I'm thinking 4 link, or 1/4 eliptical. I have a few other optoins also, but money is tight. A lot of what I had went up in smoke in a warehouse fire last year. We are having to get a lawyer now to try to get a settlement. Maybe if I recoup some of that loss, I can go ahead and finish it like I want to. Andy:)

#11 ·
I found an old windshield frame and the bottom half was decent but the glass was shot and the upper tubes were shot.

I went and picked up some tube to match the bottom, Replaced the old tube with the new, I then welded small angle Iron into the center of the frame and took it to the local glass shop and had them cut and glue a peice of glass into the angle iron platforms I made.

Totol cost around 100$..I remember thinking that saved me over a couple hundred for a new one from JC whitney.

#12 ·
Re: Re: Yo Andy

Andy West said:

Yeah, Ive got 2 now in various stages of disrepair and trying to swap for another. Have one project that keeps on growing. Small block chevy, Sm420, Dana300, Matkins frme. Started with Dana 30 front, and 44 rear from a 73 cj5, now that I've lurked here for the past couple of years, I think it will at least be a Scout rear 44, and narrow a Gm 44 front to match the scout, but there is a 14 bolt I've owned for a while, and I'm thinking 4 link, or 1/4 eliptical. I have a few other optoins also, but money is tight. A lot of what I had went up in smoke in a warehouse fire last year. We are having to get a lawyer now to try to get a settlement. Maybe if I recoup some of that loss, I can go ahead and finish it like I want to. Andy:)
You never told me what kind of jeeps you have....I have a 54cj3b and a 76 cj5. My 3b runs great and the cj5 is a basket case.

W.B

#13 ·
Re: Re: Re: Yo Andy

Willysboy2001 said:

You never told me what kind of jeeps you have....I have a 54cj3b and a 76 cj5. My 3b runs great and the cj5 is a basket case.

W.B
Sorry, every thing is 2A, the modified with a V8 is a 48, at least the body and title is. One I have now is a 48 but no title came with it, and it is running now, but pretty much a basket. I have the title from the one that was in the fire. Its a 50 title but the serial numbers are 48. The one I'm trying to trade for is a 47, with title. The trade will allow me to build one stock, or mostly stock to put around on here locally. Also enough sheet metal parts that I need or want for my v8 one. Andy

#18 ·
DAMN

I wish I was at home living right now. My jeep is parked till I get there and I am going to replace the stock windshield frame with a big piece of glass for visibility. It is on a '47 2A. Oh well, just have to sell it when I get back.

Andy,
Mine is just like yours. The title says '47, but only the tub, grill and windshield are willys. Everything else is jeep though.

Later,

Erin

#19 ·
Ummm..... Hello how about the moderator of this forum you know the guy that owns the shop that sells parts for old Jeeps. You know the link at the top of the page before Lance goofed it up. and local to you too. :rolleyes:

#20 ·
Steve N said:
Ummm..... Hello how about the moderator of this forum you know the guy that owns the shop that sells parts for old Jeeps. You know the link at the top of the page before Lance goofed it up. and local to you too. :rolleyes:
LOCAL? that means i wouldnt have to ship the damn thing:flipoff2:
Specialty Parts
707 863 8377

#21 ·
I wish I was at home living right now. My jeep is parked till I get there and I am going to replace the stock windshield frame with a big piece of glass for visibility. It is on a '47 2A. Oh well, just have to sell it when I get back.

If some one would post a pic for me I could e-mail it to them and show you how my one peice conversion turned out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.