Pirate 4x4 banner

Chrysler recalls 1.1 million Jeeps

1K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  hybrid 
#1 ·
#2 ·
chrysler ReCall 4.0L Fire hazard

I was watching one of the world news channels this AM. The crawler on the bottom said that a recall of all 4.0l in cherokee ,grand cherokee and wranglers because of potential fire.

Found CBS news watch has it writen up. but they are clueless.
Did jeep change the size of the V8 to 4.0 liters?

"taken from CBS without permission"

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. (CBS.MW) -- Chrysler Group will recall more than 1.1 million vehicles in its Jeep line because of a design problem related to their flagship V8 engine.

"Debris accumulation" in the engine compartment for 4.0-liter equipped models presented a fire hazard, Chrysler said Tuesday.

No accidents or injuries have been reported. As a fix, the company will install a shield to prevent the problem, with a formal recall scheduled for May.

The company "determined a design change made to the engine manifolds modified the underhood airflow, which in rare cases could lead to debris accumulation in the engine compartment," Chrysler said in a statement.

#5 ·
i know my 2002 was also just recalled for the ignition swith. ive owned it for 7 months and already 2 recalls, a crapped out starter, and broken door handle. wonder if i can get a lemon law thing and get a rubicon :)

#7 ·
I'm kind of impressed by this. Lately it seems Daimler really gives a damn about the Jeep name. Sure, they are running it into the ground with the IFS stuff, but they recalled all the YJ's for the parking brake, and now this.

Almost makes me want to buy a new jeep :laughing:

#9 ·
They don't care.......If it leaks, smokes, falls off, or won't turn on...
it won't be covered under their warrenty.

I Still have a leaking fuel tank gasket after replacing it 4 times. A Recall replaced it once, made me pay for it the other 3 times. They last about a 1.5 years. Think they'd fix the damn thing so they didn't desolve- IF THEY FLIPPIN CARED. They just have to show the apearance of attempting to fix the stinkin thing. I can never fill the tank or pass the pressure test on emmitions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.