Pirate 4x4 banner

where'd you mount your hilift?

1K views 15 replies 15 participants last post by  landusepbb 
#1 ·
I have a friend with a '97 tj, stock rear tire mount, and we are trying to figure out where to put his hilift. Right now we're putting it horizontally on the rear or the cage, but I'd like to see some other ideas too. Thanks....

#3 ·
I drilled and tapped the roll bar. I used a 4 inch long 1/2inch galvanized carriage bolt (can use a wrench on the square part of the carriage bolt. I cut it to length after it was in.

The side that holds the base uses 1" square tube on a pivot bolt to the cage with two bolts to the base of the jack. The pivot helps getting the jack in & out with the hard top on.

#11 ·
welded 2 1/2" bolts to my rear tire rack/bumper, slid some round rubber bushings over them, then i slide my high lift on them and tighten it down with wing nuts. the bushings hold it tight without rattling and the wing nuts are easy/quick to remove. i don't get using hex nuts like i see on other setups. too much of a pita to have to pull a wrench out when the jack was needed. wing nuts are the way to go. just my op.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.