Pirate 4x4 banner

Project White Cracker

363K views 364 replies 124 participants last post by  Swag Off Road 
#1 · (Edited)
Project White Cracker....Daily Driven TJ on 40's

I have ran and broken many, many parts in my day with a 91 Cherokee and 35” tires. These parts include (15+) broken Dana 30 parts, this includes ripping out the ball joints on a trail run, one busted front carrier in Moab, spider gears in Rubicon….I live in Oregon (2) Tera 4:1 Transfer case, Steering, Cracked frame.......uni-body, rear hatch, tail lights, lockers, and even managed to flop it on it’s side twice.

Once my life of being the poor college student had subsided, and my broken ass Cherokee was sold. I set out to build a dependable off road, daily driven TJ on 40’s

Attachments

See less See more
#164 ·
Hey Troy,
Rig looks really good. I just finished the rear suspension on my YJ and am getting ready to start the front. I decided to ditch the TJ coil sping idea in favor of coilovers and was wondering what valving and spring rate you used. Are you happy with it? I've got 2.0 x 12 Fox resivoirs coming but need to order springs sometime this week.

Joe

#165 ·
Springs
1400 250 .0350
1200 250 .0250

Valving ???? I told Polyperformance how much crap I was going to hang off the front of a TJ and they recommended XXXXXX. I said ok

I did not get into the math of selecting the desired valving. What ever I ended up with worked out good.

#174 ·
Oba

I have had a couple of you request pictures of my OBA set up.

Well it blows :grinpimp:

I used a HF regulator and found a good mounting location on the front of the master cylinder. I was able to partially tap the casting flange on the front of the Dodge master cylinder.

I mounted the regulator ~ 5 feet away from the air compressor to cool down the exhaust a bit so the water can condense.

The bottom of the plastic reglator bowl was tapped and I installed a manual drain valve.

I keeped it simple and clean:smokin:

Attachments

#175 ·
your camera crew sucks!!!

ok your pictures are ok, I've seen better (seem to remeber some XJ catalog shots or something) but whats the deal with the guy in the first photo in post #173? He's holding a camera in his hand why is he not taking pictures of your jeep? and agin in the third picture he could be getting some sweet low angle close-up shots? Somebody should talk to that guy!:smokin:

:flipoff2:

#178 ·
As promised earlier here is my recently built roll cage.

Being this is my daily driver and I wanted room for the future kido's the seat belt bar and hip bar were left out, They will be a bolt in unit.

Just in time for EJS.:flipoff2:

Attachments

#188 ·
I'm back from the annual EJS in Moab...Wow that was fun.

This trip was unlike any other I have had before. 6 days of wheeling and no broken parts.

I will post a few pictures later on.

As far as anti rock mounts go, I'm not sure how to answer you question. A buddy of mine mounted his pretty much the same way as I did and neither of us have had any issues. I did mount my anti rock in double shear just for fun.

My TRE on the high steer mount underneith the arms due to frame clearance on full compression. I moved my axle 8" forward and my anti rock forward 4" by placing the shaft through the front bumper. I would assume that your axle is in stock location??

Attachments

#189 ·
Many thanks! Oh, the advantages of coilovers. I don't have the same real estate on my axles, as I have stock (TJ) spring pads. That being said, I do like the double shear sway bar mounting. Very nice.

#192 ·
hey swag, hows the jeep running with the 4.88's and the 40's ? is it enough gear for ya on grades and stuff like that? i have a very smilar build as yours 4.0L tf999 dana 60's etc and i also have the 4.88's but im thinking 38.5's because of the gears i already have installed...

also whats your WMS ?

#194 ·
Don't go with 38.5's your just kidding your self :D you know you want 40's.

The 4:88's are great, with the 3 speed auto I would not want anything higher than that. with the 5:1 I can crawl and still do 70MPH down the highway, pushing 2,900 RPM's.

If I had a manual then 5:13 or 5:38 would have been a better fit. But I will never go back to a manual, I'm diggen the auto accept for towing....I know I don't have the ideal tow rig but it works honey do projects around the hosue.

WMS 63.75" Rear 65" front, 4" BS on the wheels.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.