Emergency! Mass electrical system failure, help needed - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Jeep - Hardcore Tech
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2002, 08:38 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 7155
Send a message via AIM to JJJZJ
Emergency! Mass electrical system failure, help needed

I just screwed up my electrical system bad. I was installing a CD player and somehow when i plugged in the harness, it sparked, all interior lighting went out, and then there was a bad burning smell coming from the right side. So far all fuses checked in the fuse block and power distribution center seem all right. Nothing works, but the headlamps, dash gauges, and the ABS light and check engine light in the dash. The fuel pump doesnt work, dome lamps dont work, radio, wiper, seats, just about everything else. This all resulted from a radio being plugged in improperly, so my question is what happened and how do i fix it. I need my jeep working tomorrow for work at 9, so any fast help is appreciated. Its a 93 Jeep grand cherokee with the 4.0 if it matters.
JJJZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2002, 09:46 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 7051
Send a message via AIM to Josh 89XJ
Welcome to my world, not a single damned electrical component runs.
Old 06-14-2002, 10:07 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 4878
Send a message via ICQ to Travis Waldher Send a message via MSN to Travis Waldher Send a message via Yahoo to Travis Waldher
Start looking for fusable links. Last time I had a massive electrical failure, I had one of those go out on me. I only assume that the "wire" type fusible links are still used on 93 Grands.
Travis Waldher is offline   Reply With Quote