Pirate 4x4 banner

Chevy Knuckle flat tops, who got the best price ??

871 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  rkcrawl 
#1 ·
Ok, now i m looking for kunckle flat tops for front Waggy 44, so i was price quoted by Shakerhill (?) for a pair included flat top millared, tapped etc for $150 a pair...Is that good price?

Or do you know any good online or phone # to call w/ good price?

Thanks!
YEOW!

#2 ·
$150 per pair is pretty steep.
I found mine for $40 for the pair at a local axle/driveline place that just had a huge pile of random axles. I asked the owner if I could bring my own tools and pull some knuckles. I guess I found a good deal.
I would just wait for a better deal. They pop up every once and a while here in the for sale board.

#3 ·
WideJ said:
$150 per pair is pretty steep.
I found mine for $40 for the pair at a local axle/driveline place that just had a huge pile of random axles. I asked the owner if I could bring my own tools and pull some knuckles. I guess I found a good deal.
I would just wait for a better deal. They pop up every once and a while here in the for sale board.
Ya, but then what'd it cost you to have the passenger side milled/drilled and tapped?

$150 for the pair, with passenger side milled/drilled/tapped isn't a real bad deal. Unless, you know one who can take care of the p-side for you for cheap. Then, I'd I hunt for a cheap pair of knuckles.

#4 · (Edited)
A buddy of mine was able to help me mill/drill/tap the knuckle... We also spanked together a set 1 1/4" spacers to put between the arm and the knuckle. We used some leftover aluminum from his T-18/dana 18 adapter he made a while ago.

But someone else I know had it done by a machine shop for $40 under the table. Came out real nice, too!

Go to your local machine shop, talk to one of the people that work there. Leave the knuckle there along with the one thats already drilled, tell him what needs to happen, and tell him to get to it if he has a chance in the next few days... no real hurry.

Chances are if you're cool about it he'll hook you up and not write an invoice for it. Give him some cash and POOF, you've just made that machine shop friend connection that everyone wants.

#5 ·
I got my knuckles from a pick and pull wrecking yard for fifteen dollars a piece. The people at the front counter did not know what they were, so they sold them to me as "spindles", they sell for a lot less than "knuckles".:D
Of course it took two days and one broken breaker bar to get them off the truck:mad:

Machine work cost around 35$

#6 ·
Robert said:
I got my knuckles from a pick and pull wrecking yard for fifteen dollars a piece. The people at the front counter did not know what they were, so they sold them to me as "spindles", they sell for a lot less than "knuckles".:D
Of course it took two days and one broken breaker bar to get them off the truck:mad:

Machine work cost around 35$
Nice when the counter folks don't know what stuff is.. you got a great deal. Machine work here cost me $75 bucks :mad: I knew that was bad, but seemed to be what I could find in this neck of FL.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.