Pirate 4x4 banner

Who designed the AX15 filler bolt?? (help!)

1K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  DozerDan 
#1 · (Edited)
I have a need to SMACK this sick fawker!! Who would make a 1/8" thick head out of SOFT metal???
Now its all rounded off, how am i supposed to get it out? Any ideas apart from spending some "quality time" with a cold chisel???
Help please, i am not sure if there is enough fluid in there right (just bought the rig), and don't want to run around low on trans oil!!!

#4 ·
VICE GRIPs are your friend. If not that then get a pipe wrench on that mofo. Once it is round it doesnt matter much.

Get the grips on it and hit them with a hammer. impact loading might help jar it loss over trying to dead pull on it ...

#6 ·
I recently had this same problem with my AX5.
I used an air hammer and gently blasted the f*ck out of that god forsaken plug. Then I made my friend take me to napa and buy a new one. Much to my suprise they had one in stock and it was only like 5 bucks. Good luck.

#10 ·
i used a socket

some others require the utilization of an allen wrench

the use of a hammer, chisle, welder, vice-grips, or pipe wrench never crossed my mind.

since its obvious most of you plan well, what did you plug the hole with after destroying the plug that was originally in there? a piece of cork?

#11 ·
QUOTE]since its obvious most of you plan well, what did you plug the hole with after destroying the plug that was originally in there? a piece of cork?[/QUOTE]

just use the mangled one, but don't tighten it down. finger tight will get you to the auto parts store and back

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.