Pirate 4x4 banner

Looking for Motorcraft Carb

808 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  "D" 
#1 ·
Anyone know hwere I can get a Motorcraft 2100 Carb? Looking to replace mine...any recommendations?

#3 ·
autozone, checker, shucks, cragen, napa. any parts store should have one.... say.. uhm.. 73 bronco 302?? theres a certain throttle body bore that you want though i cant remember it.

#6 ·
Try this.

I Bought a new one for my 73 cj5 to replace one that didnt pass emissions.

Its a dog. I had a ford buddy give me a 2bbl off of a 79 ford ranchero.

I dont now if its cfms or jets or what not, but that carb was the best thing I ever did to that engine.

I ran it for a while and loved it but it had a crack in the base plate form the previous owner and it ended up breaking the ear off of the mounting bracket.

So I had to pitch it since it wouldnt seal up against the intake.

So i got a new one for a 73 ford truck with a 302. Same thing with my first new one, it ran decent but it didnt have any power it seemed.

So my Buddy yanked another off of his parts 78 Chero.
geuss what. It ran like a striped ass ape.

Its probably right in thinking the bigger ford motors needed differant cfms or just bigger jets.

Either way the carbs from the rancheros seemed to out perform the smaller displacment carbs. If I knew about the internals of the two carbs I could tell you why it performed better.

Since I dont, I just give you the seat of the pants feel.
Since they have the same part #'s as the (real trucks and vans with 351's and 400's. I would pressume that all of the 351 and bigger motors use the same carb.

the 302's part# is differant.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.