Pirate 4x4 banner

Avalanche susp. link parts

1K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  crawlinTJ 
#1 ·
I'm looking into getting some heims & tube from Avalanche to make some lower control arms for the TJ.

Will the heim joints work (size) in the stock mounts? or would it be best to weld on their mounts too?

Also, does anybody know their prices on tubing? The joints don't seem to $steep$, but dunno 'bout the DOM tube .

FYI:
I've got 3" lift on right now & I want to bump up to about 4 or 5" of lift along w/ new arms... However I can build it.

#2 ·
I'm also looking at Avalanche for 3/4" Heims, tube adapters, jam nuts, misalignment bushings and possibly 1.75" O.D. 0.375" wall DOM if I can't find the tubing locally for a decent price, but I've heard horror stories about customer service, anybody got a better source for equal or better quality parts?

#3 ·
Yes they have some that can bolt up to your current mounts. you will need some missalingment spacers and will have to drill out your mount hole for a larger bolt. I found a weld-in insert that would weld into my aftermarket LCA fromt eh lift and make it adjustable with a heim joint.

If your gonna do it why not cut your factory mounts off and build a long arm with a new bracket for the LCA? Id do a polly ends at the axle and a spherical bearing or jonny joint at the frame mount. you can buy the JJ form RE for around $50.

Id see if theres an EMJ location near you for the DOM tubing. MORE also sells it for roughly $7 a foot. 2" OD .250" wall tubing, 1.5in ID for the weld-in inserts.

Other places to check for spherical bearings:
MORE
Quality Bearings and Components
NMB / NHBB
Spidertracks offroad
Aurora joints form polyperformance

#5 · (Edited)
I bought my rod ends form www.campbellent.com they were only $24 for the rod end and jam nut

Buy you DOM from your local steel supplier

I bought my adapters from avalanche

Just watch ordering from avalanche because I placed a order in may and as of august I did not receive it so I canceled it

#6 ·
Yes, we have stock of the 1 1/4's rod ends and misc parts. The 1" bore 1/4's will fit the lower CA mounts on a TJ when used with the 5/8" misc spacer. All you need to do is bore out the 9/16" hole to 5/8". Also, we now have stock of RE bearing assemblys

#8 ·
we just bought 1 3\8 .250 wall DOM for 4 bucks a foot at the local steel supply and the 3\4 16 hiems from avalanche for 30 a peice and the weldin nutserts and jam nuts form spidertrax and also bought 3x4 box for the frame and axle mounts since the front left stock axle mount is only hanging on by the weld on one side, and we are just useing some small pipe to space out the hiem in the mount and to act the misalignment washer

#9 ·
Hay guys for a RE style long arm kit what strength spherical bearing do you think would be needed?

Id go with 3/4in 16s if I was running a 4 link on d44 or maby d60s, but for a single link long arm radius arm type set up Id so with the 1 1/4in 12 spherical bearings. Yes its all brand dependent, so lets say we go with pollyperformance's selection:
Aurora PP-MB16T PP-MM16T 43,541 lbs $49
Aurora PP-MB12T PP-MM12T 11,518 lbs $22

Id do the 1 1/4 12s with a 4 link on some heavy rockwells with large tires but Id also think that it would be best to run the 1 1/4 for the long arm config on a d44 or d60 front with 38s.

what do you guys think?
Waht kind of lbs forces are on the axles? If 20k is the max load ont eh joint get double that load rating...

#10 ·
ashmanjeepXJ said:
Hay guys for a RE style long arm kit what strength spherical bearing do you think would be needed?

Id go with 3/4in 16s if I was running a 4 link on d44 or maby d60s, but for a single link long arm radius arm type set up Id so with the 1 1/4in 12 spherical bearings. Yes its all brand dependent, so lets say we go with pollyperformance's selection:
Aurora PP-MB16T PP-MM16T 43,541 lbs $49
Aurora PP-MB12T PP-MM12T 11,518 lbs $22

Id do the 1 1/4 12s with a 4 link on some heavy rockwells with large tires but Id also think that it would be best to run the 1 1/4 for the long arm config on a d44 or d60 front with 38s.

what do you guys think?
Waht kind of lbs forces are on the axles? If 20k is the max load ont eh joint get double that load rating...
This came up on a post awhile ago. As far as strength goes a 3/4" rod end (decent quality) will be fine. What ends up happening is that the 3/4's will wear much faster than say a 1 1/4" rod end. As wear occurs the joints begin to get sloppy. When this happens the they become subject to a shock loading and the inner race will begin to fail. The bottom line is that the more surface area the bearing has on the liner/inner race the longer they will last.

#11 ·
I think most of the customer service issues with Avalanche have to do with their beadlocks and other "larger" items. I recently ordered a couple set of the weld-in bungs and jam nuts and was very pleased with the quality and service. They got to me when they were supposed to, but I did double-check they were in stock when I placed the order.
Dion

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.