Pirate 4x4 banner

Will Ford hub bolt in Chevy flatop kunckles?

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Chrisjeep7 
#1 ·
I m still a bit confusing, to get chevy flatop kunckle or leave Waggy kunckle alone.

I want 5 on 5.5, so i need to convert from 6 on 5.5 to 5 on 5.5.

So i need some help from you with 2 questions i need to know.

If i m gettin chevy flaptop kunckles, will ford hub/rotor bolt in with no problem? if no, what brand, GM, Chevy or ??

If i deicde to stay with Waggy44 kunckles, how to convert to 5 on 5.5? same route as Fords?

Thank you!
YEOW!

#2 ·
You can put Ford hubs on either the Waggy or GM knuckles, the same way for both, search, I know it's been covered a billion times, but basically, pre '76 Chevy or Waggy spindles with the small inner bearing, same as the Ford Hub, use the Waggy or Chevy calipers and mounts, they are the same, the outer axle shaft is a little longer on the Chevy and Jeep, but it works, use the Ford outer if you're anal. You can do this with your Waggy parts and swap to the Chevy knuckles when you get them, they interchange. You could use Ford F-250 flat-top kuckles with Ford spindles, but then you'd have that funky Ford wedge style caliper mount.

#5 ·
Yup, dead horse, and it's starting to stink.

#6 ·
Hey Jake....what's up brother? (John B here)

If i can be of any help with searching for information you may need i'd be happy to help ya out.

Others....take it easy on Yeow here please....circumstances exist that make it hard for Yeow to perform some searches. Nuff said.. :beer:

#7 · (Edited)
Spindles from early GM 44

I have 3 of the early small diameter spindles, that fit the Ford hubs. I was going to put them on the 4 sale board this weekend. I am going 8 lug, and don't need them. I want 20 per spindle for these, they are in good shape, threads and all.
Also have 1 Ford 5 lug hub and rotor from 86 Ford F150. The groove for the o-ring seems to be worn some(?). The lockout didn't tighten up right, and it alway would sling grease. Didn't run the bearings dry in 8 months, but aggrevated the shit out of me with forever cleaning aluminum wheel. Should be allright on a trail vehicle, $20.00.
Everything is plus shipping, and I can do Paypal. Andy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.