Pirate 4x4 banner

AMC 360 compatibility

3K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  ozarkjeep 
#1 ·
I have heard that many parts from an AMC 304 can be used with a AMC 360. How much of this is true? Can i use the manifold and carb from the 304 on the 360? Can i use the 304 headers on the 360? What about cam? Any help would be mush appreciated. If this is a stupid quesiton...flame my ass.

#8 ·
ZestyCJ7 said:

I used the flexplat from a 304 on a 360 and it worked with no problems. Bolted right up.
Nobody said they wouldn't bolt up. AMC V8's are externally balanced. If you put the flywheel/flexplate from a 304 on a 360 (or any other AMC engine) you screw up the balance of the rotating assembly. Your engine won't live long with the 304 flexplate on the 360. Same thing with the harmonic balancer.

#9 ·
IM glad you beat me to that cmegroup!

another thing I noticed posted above is that the cranks are different, but actually they are the same. the flexplates/pistons ( bores obviously) and harmonic balancers are different, and the block it self.

everything else will interchange between the 2 engines.

ive heard of so many folks saying they run the wrong flexplate or flywheel on amc engines, Im wondering if the balance issue isnt as bad as Ive beeen led to beleive!

that or some folks dont run teh engines much.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.