Pirate 4x4 banner

63" cheby's awn a XJ?

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Jason R 
#1 ·
Anyone runnin 63" or equivilant springs on an xj? any pics?

#4 ·
DUDE? Havnt gotn' laid in a few weeks? lol

jk

I like the chebys caus theyr cheap lift, long, and durable... :p

Scout Dude said:
I thought you have wheeled before? Because everytime I see the Chevy63"ers they are attached to a toyota with a double shackle at one end...if these spring are so fawken great, then why do you need a second shackle to get them to droop? I have yet to see a decent amount of flex outta them.

IMO, those spring suck!;)

#5 ·
the only time i've seen 63" awn an XJ, the guy niggarigged it and the shackle was mounted on the rear bumper. He was trying to go up a rock face and kept sliding down onto the spring. It will be VERY hard to get the wheel placed well and not have the shackle that far back....redrill the center pins i quess. It could be done but the 56" chevys work very well too on every rig i've seen. The Isuzu Rodeo i have pics of in my sig have the 56s.

#8 ·
Scout Dude said:
I saw go 56's also. (early Chevy's, F150's, Jeep J-Trucks, Etc)

And I still say 63's suck!...Show me don't tell me!:flipoff2:
go search the toyota board if you want to see chevy's don't suck, and they don't need a double shackle most people do it because its easier then moving the shackle mount back a few inches. Its simple to see a 63" spring that is almost flat at rest is going to have insane droop. However they offer little lift and a rig that sits as low as a cherokee would have ground clearance problems, I would go with ford f-150 springs so they don't stick out the back.

#9 ·
YEAH! WHAT HE SAID! :flipoff2: :D

NE-RokToy said:

go search the toyota board if you want to see chevy's don't suck, and they don't need a double shackle most people do it because its easier then moving the shackle mount back a few inches. Its simple to see a 63" spring that is almost flat at rest is going to have insane droop. However they offer little lift and a rig that sits as low as a cherokee would have ground clearance problems, I would go with ford f-150 springs so they don't stick out the back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.