Pirate 4x4 banner

Going rate for CJ tubs

876 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  liveaxle 
#1 ·
Jusst wondering what the going rate around the country is for used CJ tubs.I have a '79 CJ-5 with a beat up '75 body on it.I just started building it and would like swap a better tub on maybe even a 7.I have found a few here.But wanted to see what they go for elsewhere.Thanks Blazin:D

#2 · (Edited)
the best yard out here that I know of offers them for around 600 to 800 depending on general condition.

they also have good solid complete yj frames going for 400 for the 4 cyl and 600 for the 6.....

and I would be retarded!!!!!:flipoff2: I posted and then realized your a coloradian too........Jeeps Unlimited is the prices I quoted...

#3 ·
I found an 84 CJ-7 for $850.The same guy has a couple of 5s for $500-$600.The was a Wrangler,tub,frame,hood and some other stuff all for $800 in the paper.But I found a '75 Cj-5 for $200.A friends dad has it.I seen it a while back when he was going to use it.If I remember it was clean and had no rust.Going to look at it again.Should jump on it,if I have the cash.Blazin

#4 ·
Last Monday I picked up a clean '78 CJ5 tub for $30. I am goig to cut out the floor and bed area to use on my '46 CJ2a. Concerning prices I realise that I got a good deal but really I woldn't want to pay more than $100 for a CJ5 tub. For other Jeeps I would pay more, i.e. a clean flatfender tub, CJ6, Scrambler, etc.

In the last year I have seen or heard about three CJ5 tubs in the Portland area for less than $100. I would think that maybe Colorado has a similar economy and market? :confused:

Good luck. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.