Pirate 4x4 banner

Tf999 Vs Th350

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Jason R 
#1 ·
my 89 YJ has a 258 with the tf999 3 speed automatic. I will be installing a chevy 350 with a th350. How does the length of the th350 and the tf999 compare? Since the V8 is shorter than the inline 6 I should be able to just move the engine and tranny forward to compensate for the tranny and adapter to leave the t-case in the same spot right? this way I dont have to mess with drive shaft lengths. I plan on an electric fan anyway so thats not a problem. Would it be possible to make my column shifter still work or will there be a need of an aftermarket auto shifter?

Anyone done this swap? How did it go? I have already adapted a 4.56 D44 and a 9" (both spooled) from an early Bronco as drive train. I am spring over with 2.5" springs and running 37" tires.

#3 ·
(a) how the hell would you put a chryco tranny with an AMC bolt pattern behind a SBC?
(b) he just said he's gonna install a turbo 350 behind his 350 sb

duh

yeah, you should just be able to weld in some new engine mounts and slap the 350 in there. there are loads of conversions and mounts for this type of thing. check out novak, AA, etc...

th350 is 27 spline tho, and tf999 is 23. what xcase are you gonna use? you might wanna look into an adapter there too.

i don't see why you couldn't rig up a new linkage to your column, but floor shifters are so much cooler

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.