Pirate 4x4 banner

Got Carnage?

3K views 38 replies 18 participants last post by  kidwired 
#1 ·
I do :D Total for the weekend was 3 inner shafts, 2 outers, 3 ujoints, 1 hub, 1 tailight, lots of crinkly sheet metal, and 3 spilled Coors Lights :laughing: Anybody wanna buy my D44? ;)

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Keith, way too much use of the "Stoopid Pedal" ????????:D

#10 ·
I witnessed one of the broken parts in the box. I was up on the rock videotaping.
It sound like this…vrrrm….dink….”dam it!” It looked like a driver’s side u-joint, but I was 50 feet away.
Nice meeting Keith.
See you in October for the clean up.

My list of parts is much less:
Back up light, jerry can squished, and bent tire rack
Funny how all that stuff is in the back of the Jeep. :D

#12 ·
Keith Strong said:

Too much :beer: and not enough watching out for this.....
Yup, jammin a tire and then gassin it. Works every time.

#15 ·
Saw that spot in the box last Wednesday when the Stompers and I were up there. We all took a pass! Camped right there for the night, and rode out fine with my 44's on my YJ. Looks like I took the best way out with no breakage! John E broke both rear axles in his YJ, POS Dana 35 with stock axles! That will teach him. Check out the www.sierrastompers.org site (run pics-Rubicon Sept 2002) to see our fix to get him out to loon.

Are you going to sel the 4.0 head to me or what? Let me know!

Doug

:D

#16 ·
I see in one of the carnage parts pics you have a stub of splines that looks just like the one I have from snapping a Dana 44 inner off flush with the carrier, man what a bitch to get out. Anyway, if you didn't throw it away yet and don't want it, I'll stick a stamp on a Coor's Light and send it to you for it. I drilled and tapped mine to make a sweet t-case shifter knob but now I'm going twin stick and don't feel like waiting for another snappy snap or cutting a broken one.

#19 ·
Funny how those things break right at that little necked down part right before the splines, seems like Spicer almost wanted them to break there, sure wish they would have put that neck down out at the joint end if they felt they had to have it, would make extraction much easier. Mine looked like it had been cut with a saw, I actually suspected some of my friends of sabotage, but then I realised they are not that ambitious. I started locking my garage anyway. E-mail me if you want to part with one of those trophies, I'll send you a check for the shipping and a cold one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.