Pirate 4x4 banner

Grand Waggy tie rod on a YJ.........

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  SCORPION 
#1 ·
Will it fit provided I modify the steering arms to accept the relocation of the rod ends to the top of the arm? Will I need to use the waggy drag link aswell?

Is a cherokee pitman dropped more than a stock wrangler pitman?

thanks

#3 ·
well........my stuff is wearing out and I wanted to get a little more clearance. I could just get the stock replacement and flip it up but then the taper on the drag link hole will be on the wrong side of the TR. I thought since the waggy is already set up this way I could save my seld a little headache by getting the waggy rods.

By the way, goferit sells a kit for flipping the TR above the steering knuckle. all you do is drill out the existing taper and then weld in some machined sleves with the taper on top.

the taper on the rod ends should be the same on both vehicles right?

#5 ·
Huh? I'm using '81 Waggy tie rod and draglink on the '81 Waggy Dana 44 in my YJ, I guess you could re-drill the Dana 30 knuckles to accept the much larger Waggy tierod ends, I re-drilled my stock YJ pitman to accept the Waggy draglink. These tie-rods are the same size as 3/4 ton Chevy's and they haven't let my life down yet. I would be worried about having enough meat left on the Dana 30 knuckles. The solid drag link is much better than the flimsy tube YJ draglink, I put a piece of rebar inside the third YJ draglink I bought before I swapped in the 44, didn't bend after that, but I only ran it another two months

#7 ·
Oh yeah, and a Grand Cherokee (ZJ) pitman is the same as a 4" drop YJ pitman, the Grand Wagoneer pitman is almost straight and will not work.

#10 ·
stock YJ steering under steering arms = bashed and bent on whatever your driving on. Since I'm a SUA daily driver type (at the moment), I would like to get the steering linkage up a couple of inches without going nuts and doing high steer and an axles swap.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.