Pirate 4x4 banner

right in the middle of doing 68 corvette master............

946 views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  todd kelch 
#1 ·
Im right in the middle of doing 68 corvette manual 4 wheel disc master cylender conversion on my 80 cj7 with scout dana 44's and 4 wheel disc and I started reading peoples opinions about shaft length.I just put in the shaft from the jeep master without changing any length.has anyone done it without altering the 5-1/4" jeep rod?does it work well?Just wondering if it makes a big difference and if so I cant find a source with the correct length.yes I did a search and read for an hour but didnt see if anyone tried the stock cj rod.thanks and ::gentlemen start your flaming ::cause im still a newbie to THIS board.TODD

#4 ·
so the stock one I just put in wont work well huh?

#5 ·
when I upgraded to a ton chevrolet master cylinder I had to shorten my rod or else there was too much residule preasure on the breaks even with the pedal all the way back. Unfortunatly I cut too much off, so I picked up an adjustable clutch rod from a local hotrod shop, then cut downt he stock rod even more and used my dies to add threads to it, and used a tube nut and the new clutch rod end to make my own adjustable rod and played with it till I got it right.....just enough to keep rod in position with pedal in back position and still allow full stroke of cylinder.

I have since found that Napa (where I now work) has adjustable clutch rods that would be better suited to work.....they just need shortening.....I could get you a part number toamrrow if you want, they would require less fab work and less parts than my description of mine.

10-4,
Justin

#7 ·
yup i read all your posts steve-they were very well written-justin id appreciate that part #.thanks.

#9 ·
suck up............

yeah i gotta suck up till I get out of this #$%^ing newbie status!Its a newbie thing -you wouldnt understand!:fj: :fj:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.