Pirate 4x4 banner

tranny carnage...

782 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  4Bangler 
#1 ·
Well after heading up to carnage creek this weekend, i returned to find my tranny is leaking. The leak is right where the engine meets the tranny. i want to say the "rear main", but im not sure. Its the stock 4.0L witht he ax-15. I did bash my t case crossmember quite well, maybe that loosened somehting? Its not a waterfall, just a few drips a minute, but its never leaked before. What needs to be done?

Ryan

#3 ·
Well there's no fliud in the transmissino bellhousing, so either the motor's rear main is leaking and coming out between the bellhousing and dust shield, or the trans is leaking out of the input and running down the inside of the bellhousing and out the same spot, or it's leaking brake fluid from the internal cltuch slave, but since you didn't say WHAT was leaking I can't tell you. Here's what I would do:

Drive it until the leaking stops, check to see what component is out of fluid, should be easy to tell, either blown up motor, gutted trans, or no clutch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.