Pirate 4x4 banner

YJ driveshaft differences. Auto vs manual

1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  bigdude 
#1 · (Edited)
I have a 2.5L 94 YJ with the TF904 auto and stock axles. I bent my front driveshaft a few weeks ago. A buddy of mine has a 91 258 manual and gave me his old stock front shaft since he did an axle swap. It's an inch longer than mine. Are there length differences because of my auto tranny? I need to know what to look for before I spend $50 to shorten his. Too early to move my axle up an inch too. Thanks.

#4 ·
Hey, I think Big Dude can sell you a front shaft....I'd bet the one I was seeing in the ERoCC Jellico video is for sale real cheap.

#9 ·
I wish I had my buddies video on digital, he's got footage of your Jeep hung up and your front shaft doing the whole jump rope impression. He's a Land Crusier guy, so he asks me, "are Jeep transfer cases supposed to do that?" as his footage zooms in on your case ping ponging around underneath. A couple weeks ago I planted my SM420 on a rock and suspended my whole Jeep from the trans mount, which stretched out like three inches, yeah, it's broke now too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.