Pirate 4x4 banner

Waggy D44 question

870 views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  CSP 
#1 ·
I need to replace the locking hubs from a 1982 D44 waggy front. I can't locate the part numbers for any hub manufacturer. Would appreciate it if anybody has the warn part numbers. Thanks

#4 ·
Ummmm........yeah, the most common lockout hub on the planet, every major auto manufacturer used it at one time or another, availible in more flavers than Baskin Robins.....I applaud Sundowner and Oxjocker for resisting the urge to smack and answering this question with good quality tech, it's you're lucky day so far newbie.....better hope this thread moves off the end of the page before the jackals come out and the vultures start to circle.

#9 ·
Jakesteramalamajama said:
Walk into the parts store and utter the word "hub" and you'll most likely get the correct one.

Just make sure you know what color your truck is!
Oh....BTW...don't forget to tell them it's 4WD

#10 ·
for the record

It happens that I went to 2 private auto parts stores and one chain store "PEP boys". None of them carried hubs. (regardless what color the vehicle was). I searched the internet sites for an application table for a couple of hours, WARN, Milemarker,Super.... I searched 12 pages of pirate BB response. I have catalogs from Quadratec and Summit which do not list this application. Ebay had several pairs of hubs available for 19 spline axles? I was not aware that this D44 hub is a common application. Thanks to those that responded.

#11 ·
Re: for the record

spinedoc said:
I searched 12 pages of pirate BB response.
You must not have looked very hard at them. I know that I personally have explained at least a dozen time that almost every Dana 44 axle (except Scouts) uses the same lockout hub. I can think of three or four times in the last couple of months that I've explained that one.:rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.