Pirate 4x4 banner

radius arm front susp on XJ

2K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  jeepmauler 
#1 ·
I really want to put the High Pinion reverse rotation Dana 44 from a 78-79 nFord F150 into my XJ. Ideally, I would simply swap over the axle and susp straight in and custom fab some new mounts for extended radius arms. Has any body done it? Pics.

I did find one person, but I need some tech info on the swap.:D

:beer:

#2 ·
Search for "The Tractor" He has done it to his and it flexes better than most long arm kits i've seen....not to mention it is one bitchin lookin rig. All you really have to do is fab up a crossmember to mount the radius arms. A friend of mine is in the process of doing it to a customer's 98XJ. He is buying the axle this weekend and hopefully we will start working on it next week.

#11 ·
I'd think long and hard before I had those radius arm brackets hangin that far down.I've gone the other direction and run less lift and high clearenced the bottom of my rig ie. a flat cross member with 1/4"plate covering all the vitals and every thing else tucked way up.I't's low ,stable and slips over stuff instead of hanging up.Having all that bracketry hanging down is a bad deal in my opinion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.