Pirate 4x4 banner

OX or A.R.B.

2K views 26 replies 19 participants last post by  keithroo 
#1 ·
I am debating putting in either the Ox locker or an A.R.B. in the front of my T.J. My friends got the A.R.B. and it works good, untill he got an air leak, then it was a pain, and I havent heard much feedback on the Ox...anyone run one, and if so are there many benefits/drawbacks? Any info would be great thanks.

#5 ·
SCOTTS_4X said:
I have been hearing that ox owners are having a hard time engaging the lockers, just hear-say tho, try doing the search as afore mentioned
And I heard you're a dickhead. :D

If you don't know, don't say anything.

Run a serch, there is plenty of info on them both.

#14 ·
bahahahahahahh!the ox is a piece of shit....first hand experience.as for the vacum locker it is gauranteed for 5 years so go ahead and crack it .i will get prices for you on them as soon as i can.let me just say.german engineering is the best by far....:flipoff2:
and this is comming from a hebrew.:p

#15 ·
SCOTTS_4X said:
thanks Ian, and i heard you like dick head :D :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

-Scott
Bawahahahahaha :laughing:

Good comeback :D

In regards to that killeraxles locker.... Could they not mover the actuator on top of the axle and just connect it via a shaft with the appropriate bends??? i might buy into that, or I might just stick with my Detroits :D

#16 ·
Here is a picture of my Air Operated Ox Locker, Version 1.

Works great and requires absolutely no adjustment. Engagement time is equal to that of the front ARB.

Obviously the air cylinder actuator is exposed. Currently the resolution for this is to screw in another air cylinder when this one gets bashed. (about 5 minutes.) While this hasn't happened yet, it is only a matter of time befor it does.

Version 2 is currently being tested. It moves the air cylinder actuator on top of the passenger side axle tube where it is more protected, and will have a steel skid covering.

Frank

#18 ·
I have it on good authority that this topic has been beaten to death in several threads on this board, search and yee shall find, oh yeah, and I love my OX, but I don't compete.

#19 ·
By the way, what is "A.R.B." an acronym for anyway? Is it the same as that Australian complany that makes those Bling Bling refrigerators, fancy bumpers, and air operated lockers? I had one of those air lockers once, but it's Already Really Broken

#24 ·
Daless2 said:

Works great and requires absolutely no adjustment. Engagement time is equal to that of the front ARB.

Obviously the air cylinder actuator is exposed. Currently the resolution for this is to screw in another air cylinder when this one gets bashed. (about 5 minutes.) While this hasn't happened yet, it is only a matter of time befor it does.

Version 2 is currently being tested. It moves the air cylinder actuator on top of the passenger side axle tube where it is more protected, and will have a steel skid covering.

Frank
Right Awn Frank,..now your getting somewhere.
The current location, of the air cylinder in version 1, really isnt that bad. It would be very easy to fab a protective plate for it, using a U bolt at the axle tube, and attaching to the 2 bolts that straddle the cylinder at the cover plate.
If you move it up to the passenger side tube, you will be getting right into an area, that may be already occupied by suspension linkages, and hydraulic rams.

I like the idea of being able to easily replace, the cylinder, or hoses in the case of failure, or damage.

Frank if you keep comming up with improvements for the OX, I might actually see one operate propperly one of these days.

And once you get them to operate, we could eventualy even determine if they are durable. :D

Keep up the good work!

To answer the question of the post.
ARB still gets my vote!

#25 ·
Daless2 said:

Frank

You could build a cover like this one!..Great idea!!..Im shooting some pics of this to my buddy..He has front and rear OX's too!

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.