Pirate 4x4 banner

stupid turn signal problem

640 views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  CJ 
#1 ·
this is my wifes cherokee. right turn signal not working correctly, right side fr/r lights stay on do not flash.
since they light up its not the bulbs.
left turn sigs work fine, so its not the flasher or fuse.
hazards work fine

arrghhh....

anyone?

#4 ·
Mine is the same way.

I cam e to the conclusion that it was caused by me smacking the fawking lever with my knee when I got in and out of the jeep.

Tell her to just manually click the blinker lever when making right turns in traffic or in front of cops :D

#5 ·
that aint gonna fly.
lil kids in the car (safety issue) and she is going to use it to sell real estate, cant very well be driving clients around flippin the switch.
and I feel a sense of urgency about this cus our ins. just ended.

I'm gonna try swappin some bulbs around and checkin grounds. this car is in good shape and never had anything done to it so all wiring etc is untouched, still has oem stereo even.

#8 ·
we had the same problem at work it started after we put a new radio in and it turned out to be the hazard switch when we would turn the blinker on and put presure on the hazard switch in certain directions it would work normal we ended up finding which way it would work normal and then put a piece of backstrap in place to keep presure on it.

#9 ·
CJ!!! I switched flashers like you said and it works!!
I dont get it, its not like a flasher has 2 circuits in it, I always thought it wither worked or it didnt. (unless you have one of those old sequential ones)
THANKS DUDE! :beer:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.