Pirate 4x4 banner

Here I am :) !! Waggy 44 tube- how thick is it?

1K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  XtremeGod 
#1 ·
HELLLLOOOO!!!!!

Miss me eh :) ??

.......ma I ereh, KO

Front Waggy 44 tubes, how thick wall is it, .250", 500" ???

Is it same as Dana 30 ?? I hope NOT ;) !!

Thanks!
YEOW!

#2 ·
YEOW! said:
HELLLLOOOO!!!!!

Miss me eh :) ??

.......ma I ereh, KO

Front Waggy 44 tubes, how thick wall is it, .250", 500" ???

Is it same as Dana 30 ?? I hope NOT ;) !!

Thanks!
YEOW!
Soo... this is what happens when inner-urban crack heads get on the internet. heh... I always kinda wondered.

Sure it depends on waggie... but probably at most .25", definately not .5"

#4 · (Edited)
Its from 87 FSJ.

Oh crap, thats what I thought but i think it will hold up fine w/ 37MTR, dont you think so?

I m not heavy foot, so right now my front D30, 4.56, OX, stock axleshafts, and run 35" MTR and it surives thru some hardcore :) .

EDIT: oh about 3/8, .375, thats not too bad then :) !!

Thanks,
YEOW!

#5 ·
Re: Re: Here I am :) !! Waggy 44 tube- how thick is it?

Travis Waldher said:

Soo... this is what happens when inner-urban crack heads get on the internet. heh... I always kinda wondered.

Actually this is what happens when someone learns English as their second language and has never heard it spoken. His first language is American Sign Language and I think you would sound worse waggling your fingers at him if you couldn't see it...

#7 ·
I'm not sure on exact wall thickness, but they are thick, I never realized how thick until we cut the end yoke off one the other day, DAMN, that's some tubing! the 3.375" that we cut off with the chop saw stayed hot for a long time. If you look at the end yoke with the axle joint out you can get a good idea how thick the tube is, clean it up real god and look at the ring inside the yoke, that's not part of the yoke, that's the tube, and it's plenty thick enough for 37's, it's the welds and webbing on the diff housing that will go first. A buddy of mine has one under his '78 Bronco that looks to be smiling, upone futher investigation, the housing itself cracked and let the tube slip out part way, but that's on a 5900lb Bronco on 35's with a screaming 429 big block, and he jumped it big time.

#8 ·
yeah jake its somewhere between 1/4" and 3/8" i could tell you for sure but i chucked what was left of the 44 i cut up.

but itw as REALLY thick it surprised the hella outa me.

DP

#10 · (Edited)
That looks like a picture from one of the all knowing 4WD magazines.:rolleyes: Probably the same one that had a picture of a Chevy 12 bolt where the caption read 'Dana 44'. I have cut three 1/2 ton Dana 44's and all of them had .375" walls. Two were out of Waggies and one was a 1/2 ton Chevy pickup. The Waggie 44's had a tube diameter of 2.75" and the Chevy was 3".

#11 ·
Yup, same thoughts here, 44's were 2.75" x 0.500", GM 10 bolt fronts are 3.00" x 0.250"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.