Pirate 4x4 banner

flame all you want, newbie needs steering assistance

991 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  robobx 
#1 · (Edited)
I have a waggy D44 in the front of my TJ and need to build some new steering links. I'm gonna use Avalanche 1" I.D. .25" wall DOM tubing and their tube adapters. My TREs on the pitman arm and drivers side are usable and rh thread...
Now I need to find the part numbers for LH thread TREs for the 2 passenger side links.
anyone have part numbers?
I looked here:
http://www.carparts.com/parts/sampl...sourceid=&parttypeid=27014&itemid=&pagesize=9

but I don't know what threads they have:rolleyes:

Flame away, but please help too:D
Thanks!

I tried to search, but it didn't turn up anything.

#2 ·
Don't know if it's what you're looking for but the left hand thread ones my buddy used on his EB were the following:

ES2233L (passenger side TRE)
ES2027L (high misalignment drag link end)

THese are from a mid 80's Blazer. The TRE will have to be tapered to the size of the drag link end but everything else should be good to go.

Oh yea :flipoff2: :beer:

#3 ·
I built my steering using all the TREs from an '85 Blazer. I used 1.25" .25" wall tubing for the drag link and tie rod. I reamed out the TRE with the hole for the stabilizer and that's where the drag link ties in to the tie rod. Look at Billavista's site - he's got all the part numbers and stuff.

#4 · (Edited)
very good! That's what I was looking for.:beer::beer::beer:

Please have patience, one last question...do all D44 TRE have 7/8"shaft,18 thread, and the same taper?

If so it looks like ES2027L, ES2010L will work for me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.