Pirate 4x4 banner

Re 1.5 SOA springs Vs Wrangler springs??

2K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  doctor_G 
#1 ·
The springs on my SOA '91 are about to replaced as they are worn out.
Question: Do i go with the RE springs, or stock wrangler springs??
Thoughts, comments, help please.

#4 ·
I basiclly did the same thing as nobody did.

Wrangler springs are 5 leaf rear, 4 leaf front typically.

What you do is take both packs apart, Take the main leaf off the 4 packs, cut the eyes off and put them under the main leaf on the 5 pack. Then take the second spring on the four pack and put it on top of the 5 pack making a 7 leaf pack.

This is with 35s

This is with 36s (sorry about the flex shot but I dont have any of it sitting still with out us on the tires.

#5 ·
Thanks people. I think i'm gonna go with the RE springs. Heard lots of good things, and they don't sag as quick as Wrangler springs. Also i got a great deal, $92 per pack! Sounds like a lot until you know that normally they run around $120 per pack!

#6 ·
WheelingPiazza, nice looking 5.

Are you running the 36's on 8" or 10"

#10 ·
ukjeeper said:
Thanks people. I think i'm gonna go with the RE springs. Heard lots of good things, and they don't sag as quick as Wrangler springs. Also i got a great deal, $92 per pack! Sounds like a lot until you know that normally they run around $120 per pack!
Where from??? I am about to buy them also.

Thanks.

#12 ·
I'm running the RE's right now. They do really well, ALOT better than the stock Wrangler packs.
I hear they are made by Bet's.
Everyone that has seen them wants to buy them from me when I get my 56" Alcans.
Yeah go for it, you won't be disappointed with them. ;)

#13 ·
u-joint said:
You've seen my junk Tim (Big Bear, LCIR). Sounds like you found a good place to buy them from. I've been happy with mine so far.

Any idea as to when they'll be delivered? I might be able to help with the install.
Joe??

#16 ·
u-joint said:

Yep!:D I sift through a few threads here every now & then.

BTW, are you headed to Johnson Valley this weekend for the festivities?

Nope :(. Friggin Soccer all weekend!!! However, next weekend, i'm going out to Last Chance canyon. Pre-run with a couple of the Tinbenders prior to the club run in October. Wanna come?? Switch to email if you do! BTW paypalled for the springs yesterday, drop ship, so hopefully next week......

#17 ·
doctor_G said:
I'm running the RE's right now. They do really well, ALOT better than the stock Wrangler packs.
I hear they are made by Bet's.
Everyone that has seen them wants to buy them from me when I get my 56" Alcans.
Yeah go for it, you won't be disappointed with them. ;)
Better count on Anti-wrap bars for the FRONT AND REAR with those springs. i have a buddy who just put in 56"ers and he's having to fab up some stuff right now and is stumped

#18 ·
bigdude said:

Better count on Anti-wrap bars for the FRONT AND REAR with those springs. i have a buddy who just put in 56"ers and he's having to fab up some stuff right now and is stumped
I did count on it.
Anything I can help him with?
I have the rear suspension design figured out, still working on the front.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.