Pirate 4x4 banner

"I got an old jeep" she says

2K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  rokryder 
#1 ·
So I'm driving my jeepster the other day and this little lady comes up and says " I have an old jeepster too. It has just been sitting in my back yard for a few years. I tried to sell it but nobody would give $1500 for it." I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it. But now she doesn't want to sell it. Her parents bought it for her off the showroom floor. Can you believe it?? I'm gunna fix it up for her. with the promise she'll sell it to me when she sells.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
I sent an e-mail out to some people in Jeepster clubs and what not about a year ago about a Hurst Jeepster and got no responce. There's one in my home town, it's badged as a Hurst Jeepster, has a Buick V6 and a plow on it. It's pretty rough, but it's all there. The guy who owns it is straight up looney tunes, he says that he uses it to plow the driveway, but it has not moved and has had the same flat tire for over five years. He claims that he just put a new clutch and pressure plate and new hydraulic hoses for the plow on it, I never got a chance to look inside. I was under the impression that all the Hurst Jeepsters were automatics, but who knows. This one was white, but has been painted green with a brush and roller. Two stripes can be seen trough the paint, but there is no hood scoop, although it could have been removed, like I said, the guy is wacko so I didn't stay long enough to fully check it out.

#8 ·
Everything I've read indicates that anywhere from 100 to 300 of these were built.

#10 ·
Weezer said:
:eek: I cant belive no one would buy that thing for $1500. I want to build one of those things so bad. Whats that on the hood do you have a better pic

Sorry no better pic but its a hood scoop with a tach. The Hurst Jeepster came with them from the factory. I'm trying to get some specs but nobody knows jack about them.

Attachments

#12 ·
Hmmmm.........this is interesting, contradictory to everything I've seen, but it appears to be clipped from a published source.....

that came from http://www.arcticboy.com/Pages/arcticboysjeep.html which has some other cool pics of Hurst jeepsters.

Also check out http://members.tripod.com/~DAN_WRIGHT/index-14.html for more Hurst Jeepster info.

All these pics show the red and blue stripes, but I've seen pics of gold stripes like the Hurst oldsmobiles of the era. I really like the funky psychodellic stripes on yours, wonder what the origin of that is? The wheels are interesting, the one I saw had the hubcaps show in some of the pics, standard leftovers from the Kaiser era Jeeps. The one I saw also has the badging on the grille, never looked at the tailgate.

#17 ·
Cool:cool:
Keep on top of her, so-to-speak, and don't let that thing get away.

I've got a 79 Silver Anniversery CJ-5 that I have heavily mdoified and sawzalled. Most of the time I wish I had kept it stock and just bought another Jeep for a toy.

Might want to think about keeping that thing stock. It could be worth a lot for some collector.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.