Pirate 4x4 banner

New Maxxis Mudzilla LTs are out...

4K views 43 replies 23 participants last post by  DetR6oit 
#1 ·
#2 ·
look like a good daily driver wheeler tire. Seems like really good tread depth, and aggresive tread for a radial. Also use modern technology to get tougher sidewall compound (much like MT/R) and stay radial. Looks like we have a good replacment for Claws which I was honestly dissapointed with.

#7 ·
What's the durometer reading on them? They gotta be sticky and at least 37" before I'd be interested.

#9 ·
I talked to a product rep at Maxxis and he said that the 35's are going to be coming out in a month or two (kind of like ProComp did with their releases). He also said that they are going to be releasing a new line labeled "creepy crawlers" in about 6 months that are going to be 37's and above and have extreme off road design. Sounds promising.

#10 ·
1RUSTYRIG said:
I talked to a product rep at Maxxis and he said that the 35's are going to be coming out in a month or two (kind of like ProComp did with their releases). He also said that they are going to be releasing a new line labeled "creepy crawlers" in about 6 months that are going to be 37's and above and have extreme off road design. Sounds promising.
Its about time you offered something of interest around here :flipoff2:

I saw a set of tires I thought were claws today in Roseville on a Contractors lookin truck. But they didnt look right to me....are there any of these in production yet? These looked like maybe 33's.

#12 ·
Why would anyone want a cheap imitation of something that didn't work in the first place? Claws suck...why wouldn't these? I will continue to say they suck without any evidence until they prove that they work...which they won't. On road they will, uh, go down the road..but off-road they will not work....that is my prediction.

#14 ·
I got a set of these tires this past EJS. I have to say they are pretty damn good for being free. I have done Hell's Gate no problem. Just got back from Holy Cross today and they did well in the snow and muck. I have been able to run them @ 8 PSI and have not broken a bead yet. The name Mudzilla comes from there ATV tire. And Super Swamper and Wrangler aren't gay names?

#19 ·
Welby said:

They fold up that much at 18lbs.?? :eek:
Yep! 4600# Jeep with just the outside 1/3 touching anything. Never had a problem with these unseating though. I have aired down to 14# before with no problems. I was just posting this to give an idea what the MudZillas might do???

#20 ·
first off, you drive a KJ and you're calling other people gay?!
:flipoff2:

second, i wouldn't think it'd be loo likely to lose a bead at 18 or 14 psi...
i run 20 psi street pressure...
then you get below 8psi that's when you start worrying about loosing breads.
those tires do look like they flex nicely at 18psi but a simple shot of the tire doens't really give an accurate representation.

#21 · (Edited)
Originally posted by RYJAY
first off, you drive a KJ and you're calling other people gay?!
:flipoff2:

>>>First off what I said is that if you worried about the name on the tire you are gay. I "wheel" a KJ by the way.

second, i wouldn't think it'd be loo likely to lose a bead at 18 or 14 psi...

>>>I pushed stock tires off at higher pressure...this Jeep is heavy.

i run 20 psi street pressure...

>>>Good for you...sometimes I don't air back up and they are just fine on the road. Infact I get a nice soft ride at 20psi...

then you get below 8psi that's when you start worrying about loosing breads.

>>>You can loose a bead at much higher psi...depends on the circumstances.

those tires do look like they flex nicely at 18psi but a simple shot of the tire doens't really give an accurate representation.

>>>They flex even better at lower psi. The whole point of my post was to show a Maxxix at work. I am not here to convince you with a barrage of pics that they flex/wrap nicely.

>>>By the way, what was your contribution to the post...?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.