Pirate 4x4 banner

Front driveshaft for D44 front

1K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  Keith Strong 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey there, this is YODA :flipoff2: !!

If I put front Waggy 44 under my TJ, can I put my front driveshaft (same lenght, D30) in w/ no problem or do I need to re-lenght front driveshaft by a shop?

Thanks!
YEOWW!!
TJ, RE LA 5.5", 35"MTR.

#4 ·
Stock TJ front DS?

Hey Jake,

I just swapped in a Front D44 from a '81 Waggy into my 99 TJ.
I currently have 7" of suspension lift (and a 1" BL).
The stock TJ front driveshaft bolted right up to the Waggy 44.
No modifications needed, no problems!

Yours should do the same!

Good Luck,

Joe

#7 · (Edited)
Yeah, I know it's no coil boinger, but I put the same axle in my YJ with a shackle reversal that moved the axle forward 1" The added pinion length of the Dana 44 allowed me to use my stock front shaft, but I quickly discovered that it did not have enough travel....

It was both too short and too long, it would pull out just picking the Jeep up on the hoist, and if there was any weight bias to the front, it could not be re-installed without lifting the front of the Jeep. After it came off and I beat it back together three times in one day I had a long travel (24" slip) built and haven't touched it since.

#8 ·
YEOW! said:
Hey there, this is YODA :flipoff2: !!

If I put front Waggy 44 under my TJ, can I put my front driveshaft (same lenght, D30) in w/ no problem or do I need to re-lenght front driveshaft by a shop?

Thanks!
YEOWW!!
TJ, RE LA 5.5", 35"MTR.
:flipoff2: You have to be kidding. :flipoff2: WHat a stupid A$$ question.

Get out the fawkin' tape measure you lame :flipoff2:

#9 ·
Re: Re: Front driveshaft for D44 front

dncswrk said:
Get out the fawkin' tape measure you lame :flipoff2:
He doesn't have it in yet......toolbox :flipoff2:

#12 · (Edited)
Yeah, well it can't stay hard 24-7, starts to hurt a little, sooner or later you have to "knock it down"

Besides, it's been so slow around here that all that's left to do is keep a couple lame threads alive and hope for some new action to come around. It's either that, or go jerk off in Chit Chat.

BRING ON THE TECH!!!

#16 ·
Keith Strong said:
:rolleyes: :shaking: This forum is getting VERY soft :(
No kidding :rolleyes:

So let me get this straight.

1) You don't know if you're going to do it
2) You don't have the front axle

Why the fawk do you care about reusing your stock driveshaft if you don't have thee axle and it's not sitting under your jeep yet :confused: Come on guys, this is some seriously LAME shit. he could at least PUT IT IN FIRST :eek: before asking this kind of crap.

Next thing you know he'll be asking.... "IF I was to swap a Waggy 44 into my TJ and reuse the sock driveshaft, can i reuse the stock gears also?"

:flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

#17 ·
No shit, pointless fing question. :flipoff2: If you are looking to save money, this is not where to do it. Having a driveshaft retubed is what like a $100 at most. Hell the axle swap, could cost you over $1000 if you need to regear, and add a locker. Why the fuck would you try to reuse a stock TJ driveshaft anyways. WEAK. This is a perfect excuse to put in a decent driveshaft with some wall thickness and longer slip. Here is your answer, don't even try, call Jess for a better new one instead.

#19 · (Edited)
LA LA LA LA :flipoff2: !!! Hehehe Boy i love this board :D !!!

Yeah heck I m aware of cost to spend $, dont worry :) !

I just want to bug you :D !

I do have front 44 Waggy, i m gonna clean it up first then startin build it :) ! Cant wait :) !!

Bigdude,
I will e mail you and ask you if i can re-use my stock waggy gear :flipoff2: :) J/K !!

Thanks!
YEOW!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.