A Pic is worth a 100 words...

2K views 24 replies 18 participants last post by  Jacob 
#1 · (Edited)
If a Pic is worth a 1000 words...Here's 2000

Drive it like you stole it...

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
1337j33px0r said:
is all that smoke rollin' out the front from spinnin tires, overheating, burning oil, engine fire, or you guys tryin to hot box the libby with no windows in it?

WTF did u do to that thing???
I put a locker in it...I was not used to the feeling of a locker...It took me to places I had never been before...and then it taught me a lesson...

......................................................................................................

Not really, it is not mine...I just thought it was interesting...people are still holding onto the "Oh Shit Handles"

Here's mine:

#9 ·
WELL SHIT.......

Before the liberty was released people talked shit about me wheeling my unibody XJ junk.

It's nice now that their is something lower on the Chrysler totem pole :D
I'm almost hardcore now:flipoff2:

#11 ·
OK I see it's at the Attica Badlands Off-Road park. I'll head over to JU and do some investigating as to what the story is.

I'll say hi to Welby while I'm there since he is always hanging out in the JU libby forum :flipoff2:

#12 ·
Yeah, I'd like to hear the story he is gonna tell his parents or insureance company.

So where in Texas were those pictures shot of that liberty?

#15 ·
Thats the libby they rolled in the Car and Driver cone test, the pics are from DC trying to hide the evidence of the roll over in a remote part of the country where they dug a hole and buried it. They then went on to lower the Libby from the factory so that the Execs. would never have to go offroad again hiding their mistakes.

#17 · (Edited)
Not that I'd ever wheel a :rainbow: Liberty anyway, no matter what condition, but I don't think I'd want to even drive that Liberty, let alone wheel it with passengers. I would bet that the structural integrity of that thing has been SEVERELY compromised from the rollover. Unless there's a full cage and subframe that I'm not seeing, I doubt that it would survive another roll. Risking your own skin is one thing, risking the lives of you passengers and all the spectators on the trail is another. There's a reason they "total" cars, and there should be a law against rebuilding some salvage title wrecks. Would have been cool to see a [Tim-mayvoice] Liber-tay [/Tim-mayvoice] gettin' it, but that one looks like the only thing it should be "gettin" is a bullet.

#19 ·
Heres my guess as to what the story is.

Dude driving down the freeway in rush our traffic doing 25 mph leans over to grab his palm pilot thats sliding around on the passenger seat.

Fawker almost rearends a big rig. he looks up from his palm pilots daily appointment menu just in time to hit the brakes and swerve to the side of the road.

He hits a little gravel and does 10 mph rolover on the side of the road.

Insuracne company totals it out.
Dude at wrecking yard calls crazy offroad friends and says hey I got a jeep for you. You can have it for 1,500 bucks

Crazy offroad friend calls up 6 buddies and gets them all to pitch in for the jeep.

Shortly after they picked the jeep up they were spotted and those pictures were taken. You can see that the Jeep is full of it's investors. who all wanted to pile in at the same time because they didn't think the heeep would last toom uch longer.

So is that a good guess?

#20 ·
I wouldn't pitch in for a Liberty for $150 let alone $1500, but that's a good theory, I would bet the rollover was caused by a commuter drinking coffee, eating a bowl of cereal, talking on the phone, applying makeup, reading the paper, shaving, and changing lanes at 90mph in a thunderstorm with no blinker, when the Firestone tire blew. Seems to happen a lot in those Soccer Mom SUV's, they should bad all 4wd's with a high center of gravity, they could kill someone, the automakers should be held accountable for making such unstable vehicles. If driver's training was driver's training and not "Here's the keys, go out and kill someone" then people like Ralph Nader would have never had a job, and they would still be making a CJ-5, only with fuel injection, overdrive trans and a four-link coil suspension.

#21 ·
Monkeyboy said:
Heres my guess as to what the story is.

Dude driving down the freeway in rush our traffic doing 25 mph leans over to grab his palm pilot thats sliding around on the passenger seat.

Fawker almost rearends a big rig. he looks up from his palm pilots daily appointment menu just in time to hit the brakes and swerve to the side of the road.

He hits a little gravel and does 10 mph rolover on the side of the road.

Insuracne company totals it out.
Dude at wrecking yard calls crazy offroad friends and says hey I got a jeep for you. You can have it for 1,500 bucks

Crazy offroad friend calls up 6 buddies and gets them all to pitch in for the jeep.

Shortly after they picked the jeep up they were spotted and those pictures were taken. You can see that the Jeep is full of it's investors. who all wanted to pile in at the same time because they didn't think the heeep would last toom uch longer.

So is that a good guess?
I'm thinking thats about the truth. Theres a bigger thread about this on JU, and one of the moderators said;
I think that's one of Troys (Badlands owner) buggies in the last shot. He is notorious for buying salvage vehicles, getting them running, and beating the piss out of 'em.... My guess is this KJ is one of them. Hence no plates because he never license or titles any of them since they never leave his property.

Ain't stolen.... no way Troy and Lisa would let that thing into the Badlands if there was even a sliver of a suspicion that it was.

Shoot... half the time you pull up there and the INDNR and state police are out front checkin' registration on quads and bikes looking for stolens.

#23 ·
Well, you guys got part of the story right. That thing had less than a mile on it when it was delivered to Troy. It was one of like 300 DC vehicles damaged when the train de-railed, so it came in with the piss beat out of it already, but it did run & drive. Was kinda wierd seeing a brand new vehicle looking like that.

#25 ·
4Bangler said:
, they should bad all 4wd's with a high center of gravity, they could kill someone, the automakers should be held accountable for making such unstable vehicles.
ever driven an isuzu trooper?:D
my mom has had 2, the first one was 4WD and standard and her new one is 2WD and auto and for some reason none of my friends will ride with me when she lets me borrow it
but i will say this about the 4WD trooper, it romped!!
before she traded it in for the new one i took it mudding bone stock with my friend in his 96 Z71 with 6" lift and 35" BFG M/Ts
i went farther into the field than he did and i didnt get stuck

4Bangler said:
and they would still be making a CJ-5, only with fuel injection, overdrive trans and a four-link coil suspension.
even better would be a shortnose with a fuel injected vortec 350 and dual spring over D/44s
thats what i want:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.