Pirate 4x4 banner

5.2L water pump on zj

928 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  SolidAxleDurango 
#1 ·
ok, ive been strugglin all night last night with this, i thought i could do it with out any books but im stumpped! i want to know if any one has done this before? big engine in little truck= no fun for me! how do i get the shroud off? do i? am i supposed to take the radiator out (please Lord no!)? the water pump is off, but i cant get it out of the truck.

#2 ·
So here I go spreading speculation and thougts from memory (manual at home)...

~IF~ it's like my Durango (5.2 as well).... Loosen alot... (but do not remove!) the large nut holding the fan/clutch assembly from the water pump. Then remove the 4/6 bolts holding the shroud to the radiator (located at each corner). Once they're removed you can go ahead and take the last few turns of the fan/clutch nut off the water pump.. Lift the shroud/fan/clutch out of the compartment as a unit... Be carefull not do drop and crash the fan blades into the fins of the radiator!

Now.. you can get to the water pump easily... But since you've already got it off.. You should just be to look for the bolts at the four corners holding the shroud on and be able to lift the entire mess out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.