Pirate 4x4 banner

Schoolbus converted to a camper/Jeep hauler??

19K views 18 replies 18 participants last post by  newt 
#1 ·
I searched first so here goes...

Has anyone taked a school bus and converted it into a camper/Jeep hauler? Know anyonw who has?

I would like to do this and I just got a school bus in good condition for free.

Any ideas, sugestions, flames???

#2 ·
go for it man.. we've thrown around the same idea a few times.
cut 10'-12' of the body out of the back for a nice flatbed, re-attatch rear doors at the cut off point, and build a camper in the front of the thing.

works for me, get daniel to make it 6X6 ;)

#3 ·
wheres da chief

PM ChiefslapaHo...he's got exactly what you're talking about minus the camper amenities...just couches etc. its cool but ghetto all at the same time.

Taft

#6 ·
minus the purple and the type R sheat, that is pretty bad a$$

#13 ·
#15 ·
SanDiegoCJ said:
Here's a typical example of what's available around here.:D

http://adcache.trucktraderonline.com/4/0/8/32666308.htm
OMG, a loadstar bus with a dt466 for only $3000!!!! GET THAT FAWKER!!!!!

my buddy bought a 78 with a 345, and he bought another truck with the dt466 in it (along with a 2-speed rear end) and he's throwin all that shit in his bus.

That thing's gonna be bad as hell.

#19 ·
A while back in one of the 4WD mags there was a picture of a guy who did something like this. (I think it was an article about a mud fest in Mich or something similar.) Anyway, the guy chopped the rear end of the body so the whole thing opened like two big saloon doors. He drops his windshield and takes out the cage and drives his Jeep into the back of the bus. It was a wild sight. I wouldn't recomend it though.
With all that length, think how many tranys you could stack. The gearing options are unlimited. I think the short bus body on the long bus frame with flat bed is a great idea. You should keep it yellow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.