soft top in cold climate??? - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Jeep - Hardcore Tech
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2009, 10:12 AM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Member # 145072
soft top in cold climate???

Do the soft top windows crack in the cold easily?

Im torn between buying a commando with a hard top or soft top. one is currie 9 inches and the other is 3/4 ton gm drive train etc.

they are both about the same price

Last edited by 66jj; 10-31-2009 at 06:36 PM. Reason: WHY DO ALL OF YOU IDIOTS KEEP OPENING THIS IF ITS NOT OF INTEREST TO YOU?????
66jj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 11:08 AM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 43967
Never had a problem with mine. Just watch the snow build up on the roof.
Get the soft top, you'll enjoy it in the summer.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2009, 01:48 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 138492
hmmm soft tops, thats pretty hardcore

this thread belongs in non-hardcore...

Honestly its right under hardcore...

Theres no way you didnt see it...

Or maybe soft tops are hardcore to you
Old 10-30-2009, 02:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

Member # 145072
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARouser View Post
hmmm soft tops, thats pretty hardcore

this thread belongs in non-hardcore...

Honestly its right under hardcore...

Theres no way you didnt see it...

Or maybe soft tops are hardcore to you
Maybe you should apply for the moderator job or maybe you are just a wanna be one??

I didnt see non- hardcore sorry, Im kinda new here as you can see by my post count.

I was in a hurry for the info because I was trying to decide which Jeepster to buy before the ebay auction reserve was met and I could get them to take it off.

If everyone responded like you I bet you wouldnt have threads in the wrong place ever. Since the general public would just leave, are you feeling better about yourself cus your so smart? Laughing at you being a jeep off!

Thanks for the help to the guy that actually answered my question within a hour of me posting it. Im the new owner of a 68 Jeepster, with Currie nines, detroit lockers, 304 injected etc. Heres the listing that was ended.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

EDITED TO ADD!!
I SEE NOW WHERE IT SAYS HARDCORE NEWBIES BEE WARE!! I GUESS YOUR RESPONSE IS OK. HOPE YOU LIKE MINE!!

Last edited by 66jj; 10-30-2009 at 02:49 PM.
Old 10-30-2009, 02:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 31211
I'll tell you what's hardcore...Gunnison, Colorado. I went to college there and it regularly gets down to -40 degrees. Yes, both my windows on my Bestop cracked when it got really cold and my elbow accidentally hit the inside of the window while driving. Then, its' really f ing cold in Gunnison, CO with cracked windows.

That being said if it only get to like 0 degrees, you might be okay. I never had a problem with too much snow on the roof or anything like that.
Old 10-30-2009, 02:50 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

Member # 145072
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieboyd65 View Post
I'll tell you what's hardcore...Gunnison, Colorado. I went to college there and it regularly gets down to -40 degrees. Yes, both my windows on my Bestop cracked when it got really cold and my elbow accidentally hit the inside of the window while driving. Then, its' really f ing cold in Gunnison, CO with cracked windows.

That being said if it only get to like 0 degrees, you might be okay. I never had a problem with too much snow on the roof or anything like that.

Thanks man, I bought the soft top one. I will plan to keep it in the shop or not mess with the top if I have to move it out in the winter to work on some thing in there.

If the moderators want to delete this thread thats fine. Ive gotten my answer.
Old 10-30-2009, 03:21 PM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 145202
The soft top will do just fine...IF....

Last year, I made the mistake of trying to "knock" the snow off my back window. By that I mean use my flashlight and tap on the window. Well, it was very cold and when I tapped the window, the flashlight popped thru.
Texan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 03:55 PM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

Member # 145072
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan32 View Post
The soft top will do just fine...IF....

Last year, I made the mistake of trying to "knock" the snow off my back window. By that I mean use my flashlight and tap on the window. Well, it was very cold and when I tapped the window, the flashlight popped thru.
Thats what I figured it would be like!! Ive had several Jeeps in the past but I lived in California then!

At least this has the hard doors so in theory I might be alright for some winter drives now and then!
Old 10-30-2009, 08:37 PM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 128819
seriously tho could the get moved?
brendanbreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 11:10 PM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 140337
looks like a bad ass rig. i like it.
Old 10-31-2009, 11:29 AM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 77789
I live outside chicago and it doesn't get to much colder then 0 and a I never had a problem with crackin or snow building up on the roof.
xxxjeep jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 03:51 PM   #12 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 21253
Where's the tech? Move the thread...
hexal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 04:09 PM   #13 (permalink)

Member # 127171
Quote:
Originally Posted by hexal View Post
Where's the tech? Move the thread...
X2, move it gen 4x4 or non hardcore/non tech!
sleepsontoilet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 04:32 PM   #14 (permalink)
Banned

Member # 145072
1. If you flamers didnt keep bringing it back to the top it would already be burried.

2. Moving it really isnt what you care about anyways.

You just want to be flamers or you would have never clicked your little mousy on it based on the title!
Old 10-31-2009, 04:46 PM   #15 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 21253
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66jj View Post
1. If you flamers didnt keep bringing it back to the top it would already be burried.

You just want to be flamers or you would have never clicked your little mousy on it based on the title!
1. So move it ass wipe and learn to spell at the same time.

2. yes it is, you clutter up the HARDCORE forum with shit... Put it where it belongs

3. We don't "WANT" to be a flamers, we want a forum that has pertinent material in it, (that means stuff that belongs in it). So stop your whining and delete your thread asshole.

If you were really worried about a feakin' cracked window in IOWA just apply some damn logic... How many soft top Jeeps do you thing Chrysler has sold in the state, ever hear of any recalls? Ever hear of shit being posted all over Jeeps Unlimited, (where this REALLY belongs). about cracked windows in an Iowa winter, give me a break...
Old 10-31-2009, 06:35 PM   #16 (permalink)
Banned

Member # 145072
Quote:

2. yes it is, you clutter up the HARDCORE forum with shit... Put it where it belongs

3. We don't "WANT" to be a flamers, we want a forum that has pertinent material in it, (that means stuff that belongs in it). So stop your whining and delete your thread asshole.

If you were really worried about a feakin' cracked window in IOWA just apply some damn logic... How many soft top Jeeps do you thing Chrysler has sold in the state, ever hear of any recalls? Ever hear of shit being posted all over Jeeps Unlimited, (where this REALLY belongs). about cracked windows in an Iowa winter, give me a break...
If you wanted a forum with pertinent material you would not have added to this thread bringing it back to the top! In fact you wouldnt have even opened it based on the title as mentioned already above,lol.

Mostofyourpostisramblingthatdoesntmakesense,butthe nagainwhywouldit?you startedoffwhiningaboutspelling......... Everyone knows if all youve got to say is some thing about someones spelling you should and head to wal mart to buy a life!

As for Iowa and recalls, how would I know? I dont work for chrysler. Why would I hear about recalls, do they notify the whole state where you live?

Never heard of Jeep Unlimited either. Whats that? Is it full of more people like you?
Old 10-31-2009, 07:38 PM   #17 (permalink)
Evil Twin

Member # 10695
Send a message via AIM to yager
Btt...
2006 Ford e450-RV/Ambulance
Stroke - Coumadin(warfarin) - INR - Heart Valve - Ask me (true story)
yager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 09:53 PM   #18 (permalink)

Member # 140337
Quote:

i believe some one else needs to learn to spell before calling some one else out......... ass wipe

Last edited by bushhog750; 10-31-2009 at 09:54 PM.
bushhog750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 10:44 PM   #19 (permalink)

Member # 36803
...ah, what the hell ttt

[QUOTE]looks like she chased a fart through a bag of nails.[/QUOTE]
Hijumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 05:50 AM   #20 (permalink)

Member # 142183
One time I threw a snow ball at my buddies YJ and it went right threw his window and landed on his lap.
Old 11-01-2009, 07:13 AM   #21 (permalink)
Rock Hard Rock On

Member # 126126
Dude that jeepster is awesome. If you dont mind, How much did you actually get it. It looked like a great deal.
Old 11-01-2009, 07:50 AM   #22 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 21253
Quote:
Originally Posted by bushhog750 View Post
i believe some one else needs to learn to spell before calling some one else out......... ass wipe
Doh! What's wrong with Freakin' ??? It's properly spelled slang, but I do need to proof read!

Last edited by hexal; 11-01-2009 at 08:01 AM.
Old 11-01-2009, 08:15 AM   #23 (permalink)

Member # 127171
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66jj View Post

I don't recall my post being a flame, nor the one above it. We just both stated it's not hardcore, nor is it tech. Since your very first post you've been an arrogant dick talking shit from a computer several states away. The fact we're on here doesn't mean we have no life. Obviously you originally saw us as helpfull or you wouldn't have joined the site and asked a question. Honestly you should read some of the other threads on here and see what a real pirate flaming looks like. With the fact you state you will be leaving it in a shop makes it seem like your entire purpose of posting the thread was to stir up shit.

I personally don't give a shit how well you spell if the information you're requesting is pertinent to the section you put it in. How to mount a beadlock is a newbie harcore ?, but hardcore nonetheless. Will my soft top crack in cold weather is a general information question. I would glady delete all my posts, and humbly appoligize if you could direct me to the "TECH" in any of your posts in this thread.
sleepsontoilet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 08:40 AM   #24 (permalink)
Banned

Member # 145072
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepsontoilet View Post
I don't recall my post being a flame, nor the one above it. We just both stated it's not hardcore, nor is it tech. Since your very first post you've been an arrogant dick talking shit from a computer several states away. The fact we're on here doesn't mean we have no life. Obviously you originally saw us as helpfull or you wouldn't have joined the site and asked a question. Honestly you should read some of the other threads on here and see what a real pirate flaming looks like. With the fact you state you will be leaving it in a shop makes it seem like your entire purpose of posting the thread was to stir up shit.

I personally don't give a shit how well you spell if the information you're requesting is pertinent to the section you put it in. How to mount a beadlock is a newbie harcore ?, but hardcore nonetheless. Will my soft top crack in cold weather is a general information question. I would glady delete all my posts, and humbly appoligize if you could direct me to the "TECH" in any of your posts in this thread.

Sorry bud, I wont humbly apologize to a person or persons posting crap after my original question was already answered within minutes.

Ive already stated how obvious it is you "wanna be moderators" (wbm's) just want to stir up shit on here. You guys just keep proving it over and over every time you post again....... Now though its getting bumped to the top by others!! Who obviously are entertained by you wbm's who think your the forum police!!!!!!!!

This thread got answered and would be long long loooooong burried if not for you keyboard commando's!

My original question which I was pretty sure I knew the answer to was quickly answered. I then pulled the trigger on the Jeepster with the soft top over the one with a hard top. I was kinda thinking I might not be able to EVER put it outside with the soft top, since I can it will work out great for me.

I will be parking it in my shop most of the time you are right about that. But it will have to be moved outside when I have more than 3 cars in there to work on..

There are obviosly some nice guys on here who are here to help others, there are also obviously some wbm's who nobody would miss if they logged off forever. Are you in the first or second group is the question you should ask yourself?
Old 11-01-2009, 08:41 AM   #25 (permalink)
SKT

Member # 123745
Good looking Commando you got there! I love when they have put the CJ front clip on them

Another option is to buy a hardtop when you come across a good deal, and that way you never have to worry about the cold, and you have the best of both worlds. HT's are easy to put on and off, they just take up room to store...

Last edited by SKT; 11-01-2009 at 08:43 AM.
SKT is offline   Reply With Quote