Orange Peel - Juggy Build - Page 12 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Jeep - Hardcore Tech
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2012, 03:24 PM   #276 (permalink)

Member # 101333
Send a message via AIM to mferrari
Got some more tooob in there. Think the rear is about done. Going to add a few more braces between the A and B pillars to strength it up some.

Tonight I think I am going to start re-working the front coilovers.
Tomorrow I'll be in the shop all day getting the rest finished up so I can install everything to get weights and order new springs.

[B]Delmarva Offroad - F-O-A Shocks - BD Turnkey Engines - Jer-C Transmissions - Quigley Driveshafts[/B]
mferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 07:49 PM   #277 (permalink)

Member # 101333
Tonight I got the shock mounts cut out. The new mounts inboard the shocks a lot compared to before. Sitting at about 12* now. Mount is also moved forward about 2".

[B]Delmarva Offroad - F-O-A Shocks - BD Turnkey Engines - Jer-C Transmissions - Quigley Driveshafts[/B]
Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2012, 12:21 PM   #278 (permalink)

Member # 209971
Looking good man! I just looked threw 12 pages of this build and you have come really far! Good work
Old 03-25-2012, 05:30 PM   #279 (permalink)

Member # 101333
Thanks!

Today I got the coilover mounts done. Threw them on with some springs to grab corner weights.
Right now I am sitting at 715 lbs/corner up front and 600 in the rear. Heck of a lot better than last season!

Only picture I took today while I was loading everything up to grab weights.

Mon and Tues nights I plan to add a few more gussets and supports. Wed is my spare night incase I don't finish stuff. Thurs and Friday everything will be painted. Then the weekend everything will be reassembled, fuel and rad plumbed, and ready to rock!

Old 03-31-2012, 04:58 PM   #280 (permalink)

Member # 101333
Small update:

Spring are in. Tomorrow I am going to put everything back together and replumb the rad and fuel cell for the new locations.

May even have time to make skins before the trip next weekend.

Old 04-01-2012, 05:54 PM   #281 (permalink)

Member # 101333
Closer...

Old 04-01-2012, 07:49 PM   #282 (permalink)

Member # 101333
Found this on my old computer...

Same rig, but back in 2005

Old 04-01-2012, 08:01 PM   #283 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 35700
Quote:
Originally Posted by mferrari View Post
Found this on my old computer...

Same rig, but back in 2005
lol
www.DiffsOnly.com
www.Jeeperman.com
10% PIRATE COUPON CODE (not valid for harnesses and PCM tuning): pirate4x4

2013 - Trail Gear Western Series Regional Champion
2013 - Smittybilt EMC Series National Champion

Special thanks to: My Family and Friends, Yukon Gear and Axle, AllTech Motorsports, A1 Performance Transmissions and Converters, Randy's Racing Transmissions, PRP Seats, Reid Racing, Radflo, CBR Performance, Trail Gear, RuffStuff Specialties, LifeTime LED Lights, Rugged Race Radios, DynoMAX, DiffsOnly.com, and 150Tunes.com
waynehartwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 07:09 PM   #284 (permalink)

Member # 101333
Whelp I think she is finally wheelable for the shake down run this weekend.

Suspension looks to be spot on for ride height and weights. Looks to be valving from here out.
Cooling system is plumbed and partically blead.
Fuel system is plumbed.
Fans are wired in.
Seats are mounted.

Couple of little things to finish up and she'll be done. Tomorrow my plan is to run it around the block after work to get it up to temp and make sure all is well.

Added in a radio too. Sit under the cowl to hopefully hide it from the elements. Ipod sits right on the A pillar

Old 04-04-2012, 07:27 PM   #285 (permalink)

Member # 101333
Got to road test the buggy today. Everything seems to be working great. Motor is running great and sounds real healthy.

Flexed the suspension out on the mini ramp. Really happy with the spring rates and rear sway bar right now. Last season I would bottom out the rear before the front wanted to move, now they both compress at the same rate.

Old 04-09-2012, 07:36 PM   #286 (permalink)

Member # 101333
Weekend over view.

Ran trail 5.

Ran O and FAILED on the hill climb after backing up too far

Ran CV

Ran Walk in the Park
(warning 18 minute video)
Walk In The Park 4-7-12 - YouTube

Ran Trail 20

Ran Jotters
Jotters 4-7-12 - YouTube

Ran Stair Step
Stair Step 4-7-12 - YouTube

End of Saturday we stopped at the comp course to mess around.
I went to run the 14' vertical wall towards the back of the course. Forgot to suck in the winch up front. Suspension unloaded at the top. Sent up upside down, when the rear tire hit the ground it also set us side ways (all in a split second). Managed to grab reverse and slammed it back down on all 4 some how. When it landed the left lower control arm up front landed on a rock. Tweaked the control arm and sheared the mount. Loaded it on the trailer. Drank some beers, decided to cut up the old mount and make a new mount. Welded on and had a new mount done in about 4 beers.

Old 04-09-2012, 07:40 PM   #287 (permalink)

Member # 101333
Sunday went to test the mount real fast on the comp course. Hit double bump with the goal of getting air. All seemed to work alright so we hit the North East side.

Ran all of F. Definitely a fun trail.
F Trail 4-7-12 - YouTube

Ran up Devils Den

Ran up Lower Talisman.
Had started a video but then the battery died just before it got good
Talisman 4-7-12 - YouTube

Ran back over to Devils Den to mess around some more then loaded the trailers and headed home.

Over all I am very happy with the buggy. Even running the bald MTRs this trip it just flat out worked. I can only imagine how well it will work with the Treps mounted.

Old 04-09-2012, 08:42 PM   #288 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 148714
Love it
and the RHD is an interesting change 8)
Old 05-06-2012, 05:42 PM   #289 (permalink)

Member # 101333
This weekend we went up to Rausch Creek ORP to run the season opener for the RCrocs Comps. Brutal weekend but walked away with a win!

I'll post some more pictures and video later this week but here is start...

Old 05-07-2012, 07:00 PM   #290 (permalink)

Member # 101333
Two pictures from my Dad. Will get the rest from him this weekend.

D-1 coming up the 2nd gate (Pre-roll over)

D-3 taking the bonus drop. Was a interesting drop with a weird angle, but we needed the bonus to get ahead.

Old 05-07-2012, 08:35 PM   #291 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 108105

shoot out recovery
"shall not be infringed"
tj4xfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 06:06 PM   #292 (permalink)

Member # 101333
Haha sweet, got a little high centered while going for it.

Got a in car video from D-3. Right about 8:30 we got a little vertical while going for the bonus
DOR Team 120 on D-3 @ May 2012 RcRocs - YouTube