Np 242 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Jeep - Non Hardcore
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2011, 12:13 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 63742
Np 242

I have a XJ donor with the 242 t-case, must be the 21 spline model, my idea is to put that on my WJ 4.7 but i know i need the 23 spline input shaft, Novak makes many differents shafts for the 242 and i'm wondering if there's any chance to convert the XJ'S 242 with one of those and get it ready for the WJ.

Did anybody make this swap? Seems that i need a new driveshaft too due to the different lenght of the 242 and a new bezel for the shifter is on the budget already, what about speed sensor?
Thank you in advance for your help.
jeepers_creepers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 12:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 3511
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepers_creepers View Post
I have a XJ donor with the 242 t-case, must be the 21 spline model, my idea is to put that on my WJ 4.7 but i know i need the 23 spline input shaft, Novak makes many differents shafts for the 242 and i'm wondering if there's any chance to convert the XJ'S 242 with one of those and get it ready for the WJ.

Did anybody make this swap? Seems that i need a new driveshaft too due to the different lenght of the 242 and a new bezel for the shifter is on the budget already, what about speed sensor?
Thank you in advance for your help.
You need the complete shifter assembly, the length is within 3/4" of a 231. I swapped a 242 in place of a 231 in a comanche my son had. Pretty simple and we did not change the driveshafts.
oldjeep is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2011, 10:51 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 63742
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldjeep View Post
You need the complete shifter assembly, the length is within 3/4" of a 231. I swapped a 242 in place of a 231 in a comanche my son had. Pretty simple and we did not change the driveshafts.
Thank you, i didn't mention about the shifter linkage, i heard that needs mods, my biggest concern is the input shaft lenght...
jeepers_creepers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 05:58 AM   #4 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 3511
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepers_creepers View Post
Thank you, i didn't mention about the shifter linkage, i heard that needs mods, my biggest concern is the input shaft lenght...
You would be better off just finding a 23 spline case, the junkyards are full of them.
oldjeep is online now   Reply With Quote