Pirate 4x4 banner

Urban Assault TJ Zombie Killer build.

120K views 205 replies 52 participants last post by  bugman114 
#1 ·
So we are going to start on the T-Rex Junior project. For the last 11 years we have beat on our old faithful Dodge T-Rex 6x6. It has been a great truck and we learned alot from it.

So now I an going to start on a much smaller project. I got a 98 TJ. First I put on some armor, bumper, winch, and then when I tried to get my family all in the Jeep I realized that I cant fit us and a lunch box. The T-Rex could fit 6 people and tons of extra stuff. So that is when I realized that I have to modify this TJ beyond the regular mods.

See less See more
#176 ·
in a couple weeks we head to Moab for some fun in the Jeep. But before it get too scratched up we entered it in to a car and 4x4 show with our Charger.

Here are the pictures:

#179 ·
Just got back from Moab for a serious shake down. It worked great. It is no T-Rex though, stuff the T-rex would walk, the Jeep had to work at, but then again much smaller tires, clearance, etc....

#187 · (Edited)
I was wondering how long it would take someone to catch that. 5 seconds before this picture there was a loud snap. sheared the bolt in half, no problem, we swapped in a grade eight, and finished the trail ride. That is why I said in my previous post that the next step is beefing up the steering. There is always something to upgrade.:shaking:

#193 ·
That is on the list of to-dos. First comes steering upgrades, then I want to tie the cage into the frame to make it more ridgid. This is just the OEM cages put together.

#195 ·
ditch all that stock "cage" crap. If you are going to be having 6 people in your rig you better have a safe rig. that cage will fold. Passengers are your responsibility. Not flaming just think you need to consider that

#201 ·
I was going to stress my concerns but it seems like you know it is a priority. After rolling my first XJ and realizing if I had a passenger, they would be hurting badly, I wont wheel the one I am building now without some sort of cage in place. Cool build, interested to see what you do for a cage

#205 ·
Jon here from BuildThreads, Inc.

Congrats and nice work sprueitt and everyone who posted in this thread over the years - this build thread was chosen as a Best Build Thread pick for this week.

What this means is that a bunch of guys who like to build stuff (cars, trucks, 4x4s, bikes, cabins, boats, planes, garages), and have read a ton of build threads, thought that this build thread makes a valuable contribution to online DIY culture.

So, without further ado:

Here's your listing on our 4x4Builds.net site: Jeep Wrangler Urban Assault Zombie Killer, fully credited to you and Pirate4x4.com, and linked back three times to your thread, via title link, bare url link, and a linked thumbnail image (like Google Images). We also have a page listing all builds from Pirate4x4.com: All 4x4 Builds from Pirate4x4.com. Congrats again and cheers

#206 ·
Old thread, but awesome build! I too am curious how the 205 has been holding up running backwards. I'm doing the same to my 79 C30. I'm converting it to 4wd. I'm also making it into a 6 door and doing the tandem axles with 2 Dana 70's. Already got 2 np205's. Hope to hear from you! Cheers! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.