Pirate 4x4 banner

Tj or lj rampage top review?

4K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  mondols1 
#1 ·
I searched.... I'm looking at getting a rampage top for my 2006 unlimited. I like the simplicity and accessibility of the frameless design. How are they in terms of fit, quality, seal, etc?

#4 ·
Kind of why I am asking here, google and the typical "jeep forums" seem quite negative. I have a stock soft top on it now, but as I said the frameless aspect appeals to me. We're having a little one in march, and over the side seems easier than through the front for getting her in/out of her car seat.

#9 ·
I see you posted that you already bought a bestop, but thought I would post anyways.

I have a rampage top, I like how easy it is to take off and put back on. but I do get more road noise than the oem top. I also had some issues with the zipper on the back window, they did send me some new zipper pulls.

not sure if I would buy another one.

#10 · (Edited)
Install went well, it was in the 50's here today, so I put a mr buddy inside for 20 minutes before buttoning up all of the sides. I need to call 4wp, the passenger door latch is a bit fubar'd. It works, but is gritty and hangs half way "open" when shut. I need to do some tweaking on the doors to get everything to seal up a little better.

#12 · (Edited)
Did you buy the doors with the top or are they OEM or other soft doors.

I have full hard doors with factory surrounds so maybe I wouldn't have door problems

Edit: There are nuts welded various places on the cage that I assume are meant to work with the surrounds and seat belts. I have 5pt front and the rear came in a box so not sure if they will go back stock or not.

#17 ·
I saw this old thread and thought a short update on my bowless rampage top was in order...
I bought one probably 3 1/2 to 4 years ago. my tj is garage kept and only sees 2000 to 3000 miles per year. my top fits real snug which is great, the material seems like good quality stuff and makes very little noise at highway speeds. my problem is with he straps that cinch the top to the back. they look like they just dry rotted and tore. so in my experience the quality off the strap material was inferior. I ended up cutting the little tails off at both corners and tried to use some of those clamps that you see holding down tarp ends but they don't hold at any speed. so now I am having to look for a new top.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.